cloudy cloudy

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
WD Feature Suggestions / Re: Support for new Oregon Scientific WMR-89
« Last post by Spuds on Today at 09:39:01 PM »
Hi Brian

Thanks for taking time with the update. Is this the setting you refer to? I will monitor over the next few days.

I have another problem where, after a period of a few hours, WD stops updating the readings from the weather station, even though on the weather station console it displays that the USB is connected. I have checked that the Windows power saving is not enabled. The only fix I've found is to restart Weather Display.
WD Feature Suggestions / Re: Wd database update
« Last post by ordnance1 on Today at 09:19:58 PM »
I am not at home currently but I use the MSSSQL that Brian has included in under Control Panel I would be happy to send you some screenshots.

If you are interested let me know, additionally think about what fields you want to log to MS SQ Server and time interval (currently I use 1 minute capture rate). It is not necessary to capture all fields. Some can be calculated within queries.

How are you planning to view your data? I use MS Access as a front end for displaying data. Happy to walk you through any or all of this that is if interest to you.
use a new .zip update of WD
where only sensor #1 is used for outdoor temperature (and you can change that , the sensor number, in the weather station type setup)
that should help
Well that was simple! Did not immediately register to me that placing the ftp display in the system tray was the answer. Even though I saw that setting several times over the last few days.
Thanks Brian
WD Bug Reports / Re: WD stops recieving/sending data
« Last post by jwwd on Today at 08:15:51 PM »
Hi Brian

When I enter Program Event Log in WD - its blank - but when I open programerrorlog.txt in the wdisplay folder - I only see old entries.

Its not easy to install WD on another PC - but I will try and see if I can find a PC.

Kind regards,
Henrik
in WD, go to control panel, ftp/internet setup
and tick to run in system tray (hidden)
WD Questions / FTP ver 9.05 Log file display everytime the Upload runs
« Last post by tomc5219 on Today at 08:00:12 PM »
Running the  WD Ver 10.37S66 and uploading the web files to an external Web server. All working well except every time the ftp upload runs, the log file is displayed on the main screen of the Windows 10 PC that runs the app.
So the question is how do you stop the log viewer from poping up?
« Last post by Weather Display on Today at 07:37:38 PM »
and there is no error in WD?
I would try running it on a different pc if you can
WD for Linux / Re: Segmentation fault
« Last post by Weather Display on Today at 07:33:53 PM »
question
how much memory on the linux pc?
« Last post by jwwd on Today at 07:08:38 PM »
Hi Brian

Sorry I didnt think of the missing information.

Here is my info:
Davis Vantage Pro2
USB Datalogger using Silicon Labs CP21x USB to UART Bridge (COM4) (Found in Device Management)
WD 10.37S build 62
Windows 8.1

When WD stops getting data - everything stops in WD - for example uploads of webcam, WXSIM-files etc. Only solution is to exit WD and start WD again. When WD starts up again - its getting the missing data from the datalogger.

I have not found any pattern in the stops - some days its only 1 time and other days its 10-15 times.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Kind regards,
Henrik
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
cumulus