cloudy cloudy

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Weather Station Equipment / Re: New weather PC needed
« Last post by niko on Today at 03:28:04 PM »
The only point I would add is that the power consumption for this board is not up to current technology i.e. my setup (D510MO + 2.5" SSD + 2x2GB RAM) consumes just over 20Watts from the wall and that uses a medical grade efficient AC-DC PSU. However as Niko said, if you can pick this setup cheap then the capital expenditure may probably outweigh the power saving achieved with a modern board and processor configuration depending on the operational life required.

Good point! My linux/python scripting D525MW is using 18 watts, whereas more current units will be maybe half that or a bit less.

You can also look up Intel NUC-units, they are very small and uses not much energy. I think that newest models donít run windows 7, bur older versions will run.

The problem I see with Intel NUC's is that it's hard to get a fully equipped unit (i.e. with memory and SSD) for much under $500. The non-Intel equivalents can be much less expensive.
WD for Linux / Re: summary.jpg update problem
« Last post by vv_weather on Today at 02:18:03 PM »
The actual file "summary.jpg" in the webfiles folder is present, but it is not updated.
The ftp log file shows that it is being sent.
Local files list - > /root/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles/summary.jpg 19
Program event log:
Invalid floating point operation
Invalid floating point operation
Access violation at address 00000000004CC4B0, accessing address 0000000000000010
A component named Formnewcharts already exists
I am trying to do something similar.  I do not care about humidex or indoor temperature and would like to replace one of these variables with %extratemp1%.  I have added this to my customclient file and gave it the name garage.  The customclient file is uploading fine and shows something like "garage":"67.0".

How can I modify the gauges to replace either the humidex or indoor temp with my garage tag? 

Interestingly I did this several years ago but now can't remember out how I did it.  I seem to remember that I just found the humidex variable and substituted garage for it and it worked . I can not find where that variable is now.

I later changed the titles so the heading and the selector would say garage.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom

« Last post by iccb on Today at 11:48:44 AM »
You can also look up Intel NUC-units, they are very small and uses not much energy. I think that newest models donít run windows 7, bur older versions will run.
Hi Brian.

I have the max speed set to 75 kts - which should be well-above the thresholds we are talking about.

The magic number for freeze-up seems to be anything over 50 kph. I could not get the wind dials to show more than a 50 scale in the custom screens - so I switched to MPH for a while (thinking that by overloading the scale on the dial I was freezing it up) - however this didn't work either. It would still freeze-up, but now at 31 MPH.

Happened again last night with a gust of 60 KPH after I had gone to bed. I did not see your response until now - so i missed getting the debug info (I restarted WD to get it working again). I've attached some pictures of last night's freeze up - as well as an image of my main screen which is on an old TV in my living room and which I think is beautiful (showing the wind dial at 50 kph). However, regardless of the screen I am showing (stock main screen, altered main screen or custom screens) it always freezes at 50.

Thanks for helping! Mike

« Last post by FPGAgeek on Today at 08:18:13 AM »
For anyone interested in an inexpensive WX PC I've seen that Intel D525MW motherboards are now available for very low prices on ebay*. That's a fanless dual core/4 thread 1.8 GHz Atom board with 2 real serial ports that runs Win7 or Linux very happily.

Yeah I would second that.
I have been running the slightly older D510MO since 2010 and it has been rock solid and is passively cooled which is great for a 24+7 PC plus having the native serial ports has attached my Davis VP2 and CurrentCost meter nicely. Make sure you get the D525MW version which has a faster CPU clock and slightly faster memory interface (DDR3, previously DDR2 depending on configuration).

The only point I would add is that the power consumption for this board is not up to current technology i.e. my setup (D510MO + 2.5" SSD + 2x2GB RAM) consumes just over 20Watts from the wall and that uses a medical grade efficient AC-DC PSU. However as Niko said, if you can pick this setup cheap then the capital expenditure may probably outweigh the power saving achieved with a modern board and processor configuration depending on the operational life required.
WxSim / Re: WXSIM 2018 Build 1.3
« Last post by wvdkuil on Today at 07:44:47 AM »
Hi Tom and All,
I just thought I would Bump this up again, as it has been over a month since you first posted the possibility of finally producing a latest.csv with DST adjusted date/times.
I am surprised that no one has responded (aside from my previous post) primarily because this is what most have requested for ages.
I hope that others do respond, though if they do not, maybe take that as (they have no issue if you make the change, or they don't have an issue) so hopefully you do.

Kind regards,

For those WXSIM users which are not using "public-scripts" for processing latest.csv it would be no big deal. They can modify their own scripts, if necessary.

But the ones using other ones script, that remains a question. Who knows if  all scripts remain functional?
The script authors added code to work around the DST-problem and 23/24-hour problem.
Maybe some scripts will fail if the csv-problems are removed and is the original author still maintaining those scripts?

Better leave the current columns of the latest.csv as is.
And add an UTC column ( 2018-10-19_05:00_UTC ) at the end. This was done with lastret.txt also.
As the number of columns is already variable, old scripts needs no maintenance.
New scripts which will be developed in the future should use UTC date/time column.

Wim

P.S.
The Leuven WXSIM scripts can be checked here: https://www.weerstation-herent.be/wsfct4/  Select "full page all data" for the latest.csv one.
Because  I can not run WXSIM anymore I am totally dependant on users to get test-data.
WxSim / Re: WXSIM 2018 Build 1.3
« Last post by hrvistaweather on Today at 07:17:09 AM »
Hi Tom and All,
I just thought I would Bump this up again, as it has been over a month since you first posted the possibility of finally producing a latest.csv with DST adjusted date/times.
I am surprised that no one has responded (aside from my previous post) primarily because this is what most have requested for ages.
I hope that others do respond, though if they do not, maybe take that as (they have no issue if you make the change, or they don't have an issue) so hopefully you do.

Kind regards,
the ambient one is compatible (via the ambient server api, as long as you can get signed up OK, then good to go)
Weather Station Equipment / Re: advice please on replacing WM-918
« Last post by Ian Sharpe on Today at 04:38:49 AM »
Hi Brian,

Ive been looking at these 2 weather stations.

https://www.ambientweather.com/amws2902.html

&

https://www.acurite.com/pro-weather-station-with-pro-plus-5-in-1-sensor-pc-connect-wind-and-rain.html

according to your compatibility list they seem OK Is that correct?

cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10