cloudy cloudy

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Chatter / Re: Tooth ache mean a storm is coming!
« Last post by Neubeck59 on Today at 08:45:40 AM »
No other pain is as bad as toothache. My god when I slipped from stairs and broke it last month was like a dying experience. Rushed to dentist Torrance near to our place and was restless due to immense breakage. But their painkiller relived me from it and also got cosmetic surgery done in the very next week.
WD Questions / Re: NWS forecasts stopped working
« Last post by Fred on December 12, 2018, 11:26:27 PM »
Brian,
Well darn! the 7:23pm forecast reported above has turned out to be just another anomaly, just like the one on Saturday. I had hoped taht last night's forecast coming just a short time after sending you the screen shot of my forecast setup page meant that somehow the problem had been fixed. But, alas, it seems not to be the case.

So do you think that this is simply the results of work being done at NWS and I should simply wait on NWS to get there system working. Or is this something you can, somehow, magically, correct in a future build of WD?

Fred
Weather Station Equipment / Re: Ultrasonic anemometer for VP 2
« Last post by Matrix on December 12, 2018, 10:45:29 PM »
It looks very good, and it will not be as bad as the other model.
The black variant is really stupid.
The question remains if there is at all a wind resolution of 0.1 m / s for something good.
The davis console is not able to record such a resolution, it would have to have completely different software.
Weather Station Equipment / Re: Ultrasonic anemometer for VP 2
« Last post by bitsostring on December 12, 2018, 08:30:34 PM »
Another one? See: https://www.weatherstations.co.uk/lcj-ultrasonic-anemometer.htm

Even more expensive. . .

WD Questions / Re: How does the new WiFiLogger work with WD?
« Last post by niko on December 12, 2018, 03:15:46 PM »
True. I must say I have previously had an envoy but currently have two consoles and for me the (at the time not so great) incremental cost was well worth it for the convenience of having the buttons and display for setup and troubleshooting.
« Last post by R_o_B on December 12, 2018, 02:50:59 PM »
He already has the 2nd console  :wink:
I guess I missed the part about the second console...  :oops:

But, then, an additional 'Wireless Weather Envoy' properly located nearer to the ISS and the 'anemometer/sensor transmitter' could be use to re-transmit the data to be displayed on the two consoles...  :lol:
« Last post by niko on December 12, 2018, 02:35:17 PM »
He already has the 2nd console  :wink:
WD Questions / Re: WMR200 history data not logged or graphed
« Last post by bitsostring on December 12, 2018, 12:37:02 PM »
Another 11 minutes data lost for a Windows update/restart today. WMR History vers 1.3 reads history data OK, then it runs again (why?), but then the history data is not decoded, logged or graphed. I tried converting the history.txt file to a log file but if that worked I don't know where it ended up. Running 10.37S84.
« Last post by R_o_B on December 12, 2018, 11:19:08 AM »
Depends on the locations but maybe he could use the re-transmit facility on the console with good reception to relay the data to the second console?
But then, (if not already purchased) buying an additional 'Wireless Vantage Pro2 Console Receiver' would cost more than buying a 'Wireless Weather Envoy' ... that is if an additional display screen is not required...  :wink:
Weather Station Equipment / Re: Luftdaten Air Quality
« Last post by AlanB on December 12, 2018, 09:21:54 AM »
Hi
I have now changed the temp/humidity sensor for a BME280 and the humidity looks much more sensible.
Brian - is there any way of deleting erroneous luftdaten readings. While testing the new sensor I got some very high readings (I really should give up my cigars).
Regards
Alan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
cumulus