cloudy cloudy

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Weather Station Equipment / Re: Calibrating Davis VP2 rain gauge
« Last post by niko on Today at 07:35:25 PM »
Those two are probably pricey, there are others.

btw I enjoyed your post on a certain other forum today  :wink:
WD Questions / Re: Missing Data on Graphs After Crashing
« Last post by browgars on Today at 07:04:14 PM »
Have a look at the You Tube videos Brian has made - there is one specifically on this. Recreating graphs from log files or something similar. Iíve done it many times after crashes etc so if I can follow it you will be able to!🤓
Itís really quite easy.
Good luck
Gareth
SteelSeries Gauges / Re: Windchill and Heat Index transposed?
« Last post by bitsostring on Today at 06:07:45 PM »
most people are interested in how low the chill went.

Agreed!
« Last post by mcrossley on Today at 06:04:26 PM »
The gauges use data that is - broadly - available across a range of software, some offer more or different data than others. The max value doesn't mean much as it will equal the max temp much of the time, most people are interested in how low the chill went.
Weather Station Equipment / Re: Calibrating Davis VP2 rain gauge
« Last post by aardvark on Today at 06:03:12 PM »
Perhaps someone could market a calibration kit.  Not knowing the sales on it, but  something for someone with knowledge .    For me I assume that that one tip is 0.01 inches, assuming that the rain unit is level and that the water drops into the pan, the tipper is not impeded.   
Weather Station Equipment / Re: Davis Vantage Pro 2 longevity?
« Last post by aardvark on Today at 05:59:54 PM »
i have had mine since 1993.   I replaced the ISS because of a leaky supercap. My arm was in a cast so I couldn't replace the item myself. I bought a replacement from Scaled Instruments. The damaged one, when the arm came out of the cast , I replaced the supercap and use it now as a soil surface temperature unit for my soil station.

The  anemometer  I have two. the one on the top of my mast has been chugging along since 1993.  Mysterious as it seems, but it does still work.  I have a lower one with a wireless anemometer unit just incase the older one conks out.   I am too old to take down the mast now.

I am not sure of the longevity,  I think it depends on the conditions the unit is located.  For Des Moines, Iowa and the weather we do have,  it has survived .   
« Last post by niko on Today at 05:59:42 PM »
No, as we discussed, windchill can't be higher than ambient.
« Last post by bitsostring on Today at 05:49:54 PM »
I wonder if you have one of the temperature substitution options set in WD? I'm thinking of areas like the humidex substitution on Control Panel/Units/Temperature setup.

Nothing obvious like that but, although I am aware that sometimes options can be set or modified in different places, I have never been interested in artificial indexes so it is unlikely. Anyway, windchill appears to be shown OK in clientraw: it's just plain wrong in customclientraw.

Still wondering about the setting I mentioned above: "Use the new windchill formula". Is customclientraw picking up on the old formula?

Think my comment about max windchill may be explained if %maxwindchill% was unavailable when customclientrawlocal was first designed. If it had been available it would surely be %maxwindch% to be consistent with %windch% and
%minwindch%.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
cumulus