cloudy cloudy

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
WD Questions / Re: data share via tcp/ip ?
« Last post by David26 on Today at 10:46:06 PM »
Does not work for me just says connection error. This is with Cumulus version 1.9.4 and with a Davis USB Data Logger.
WD Questions / Re: Issues with Twitter
« Last post by niko on Today at 10:11:49 PM »
How big is the image file?
Whew.. I've written a shim script to replace the now-missing WXDailyHistory.asp page on the WU website with a WXDailyHistory.php script on your website that returns the same formatted CSV file for use with Jim McMurry's (jcweather.us) script set.  Only two files change if you have a working installation:

WU-History-inc.php  - V3.4d - 23-May-2019 and
WXDailyHistory.php  -  V1.00 - 23-May-2019  (added file .. initial release).

The WXDailyHistory.php file uses the WU/TWC API to api.weather.com to retrieve (and cache monthly data), then format to the CSV file expected by WU-History-inc.php.

Released on GitHub at https://github.com/ktrue/WU-History distribution .. please read the README.md for more info.

Best regards,
Ken
WD Questions / Re: ftp issues after switching hosting to namecheap
« Last post by mickopla on Today at 10:08:43 PM »
the best thing is to email me your ftp details so I can test here
(it might be that you need to use ftps or similar)

the ftp issue is very different now, to original problem
you cant argue with that

Thats true Brian, i will send you the ftp details
WD Questions / Re: Issues with Twitter
« Last post by eboettn on Today at 09:37:22 PM »
It's not working for me, Brian.... and can't figure out why. Not sure if it matters or helps you, but I'm trying to post an image that WD is downloading from an external website. It downloads it and saves it to my hard drive and then I use that saved photo to post to twitter. Or, that's what was happening until the other day....
Chatter / Re: March-like storm to blast California
« Last post by Harry on Today at 09:30:54 PM »
Queer weather is not just in CA. CY has also had its share. Normal rainfall at this time from 1 Oct about 380 mm. This year 540 mm and it went on-and-on from January to about 2 weeks ago. This week: spring-like with temps up to 35įC, normal for the first time! Climate change or just freak weather???

Regarding climate change, when you see headlines like these, you have to wonder.  BTW, there is another chance of rain for us on Sunday.

State of emergency declared for 8 counties surrounding Lake Ontario
May 23 2019 at 1:12 pm EDT
New York's governor sounded the alarm this week, but the issue is 'a Great Lakes-wide problem' -- and it's all caused by weather.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/state-of-emergency-declared-for-8-counties-surrounding-lake-ontario/70008326

Rare may storm hits Southern California with heavy rain, hail and snow
May 23 2019 at 20:08:00 UTC
A rare May storm swept through Southern California on May 22 and 23, 2019, bringing heavy rain, hail and even snow to parts of the region. The worst-hit were Inland Empire and eastern central area of Orange County where heavy rain was reported, according to ABC7....... Read more Ľ

Biggest late May snow in Denver since 1975, Colorado
May 23 2019 at 17:18:00 UTC
As of 14:00 UTC (08:00 LT) on Tuesday, May 21, 2019, Denver, Colorado had officially received 86.36 mm (3.4 inches) of snow. Thatís the most snow measured this late in the season since May 29, 1975, when the city recorded 142.24 mm (5.6 inches). On the same...... Read more Ľ

Arkansas River approaching historic highs, at least 7 killed as severe storms march through central U.S.
May 23 2019 at 14:57:00 UTC
Another wave of severe thunderstorms is affecting the central United States since Monday, May 20, 2019, with heavy rain and nearly 100 tornadoes. At least 7 weather-related deaths were confirmed since May 21. Meanwhile, Arkansas River is approaching historic highs....... Read more Ľ
the best thing is to email me your ftp details so I can test here
(it might be that you need to use ftps or similar)

the ftp issue is very different now, to original problem
you cant argue with that
« Last post by niko on Today at 09:01:45 PM »
That 198.x.x.x IP is fine, definitely not the issue.
« Last post by mickopla on Today at 09:00:03 PM »
but the web site will not update if the ftp does not work
you now have a different ftp issue, after setting to use sftp
its not the same issue as before
that looks like a local IP, which is not normal

Different issues but same outcome of a website thatís not updating. Either by FTP or SFTP. The address looks local but itís not. I can give you the details by private message to prove that Brian
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10