cloudy cloudy

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Is it possible to add it in the rain box but have an option in the block to show snow?
A drop down box, Radio button etc.

Most people who receive snow will input the reading manually.
To add it for next season is okay with me.
Maybe we need more people to comments, How many people add snow on there page.

Thanks Great template
Windgust
K1DED(Amateur Radio)
Sorry, I was not clear. There is a separate topic for “wishes” where we can save these requests. That way they are not lost in this long discussion which is for day-to-day install problems.
Please  move your request to https://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,67497.0.html

Wim
Weird and Significant Weather Events / High Winds in Sierra Nevada
« Last post by Harry on Today at 04:24:29 AM »
How do you like these for wind gusts?  Glad I wasn't there.   :)

2 WSW Squaw Valley [Placer Co, CA] MESONET reports NON-TSTM WND GST of M114 MPH at 20 Jan, 4:15 PM PST -- MESONET ATOP SQUAW SUMMIT (SIBERIA - SIERRA CREST, ELEVATION 8700 FEET) REPORTED A WIND GUST OF 114 MPH WITH A SUSTAINED WIND SPEED OF 72 MPH.
Jan 20 2019 at 11:03 pm EST

1 SW Alpine Meadows [Placer Co, CA] MESONET reports NON-TSTM WND GST of M126 MPH at 20 Jan, 6:00 PM PST -- MESONET ATOP WARD MOUNTAIN (ELEVATION 8483 FEET) REPORTED A WIND GUST OF 126 MPH WITH A SUSTAINED WIND SPEED OF 90 MPH.
Jan 20 2019 at 11:03 pm EST
Is it possible to add it in the rain box but have an option in the block to show snow?
A drop down box, Radio button etc.

Most people who receive snow will input the reading manually.
To add it for next season is okay with me.
Maybe we need more people to comments, How many people add snow on there page.

Thanks Great template
Windgust
K1DED(Amateur Radio)
Creating Weather Web Sites / Tweaking and Customizing Web Site
« Last post by csonni on Today at 02:11:09 AM »
After more than 8 years of offline (due to e-rice shutdown), I'm up and running. I'd really like to tweak the looks of my website. I've heard of "templates" available for the such. I'd also like to replace the main window ticker (with past records) with updated warnings and conditions locally. I can't seem to find where to do that, such as "Blizzard Warning" or "Snowfall Warning."

Here's my site.

goosebayweather.com
Custom Templates and Scripts / Re: no data in wxhistory.php pages
« Last post by saratogaWX on January 20, 2019, 10:25:15 PM »
running check-fetch-times.php?show=versions indicates you do need some script updates to the template set.  There's a newer include-wxhistory.php amongst them.  Please do the update(s) and see if that resolves the error with wxhistory.php -- if not, I'll take a deeper look :)
Weather Station Equipment / Re: Graph on VP2 diagnostic screen
« Last post by niko on January 20, 2019, 10:13:33 PM »
AFAIK the graph is the same on both diagnostic screens (you can check that), and is explained in the section describing Screen 1.

12. Graph of the daily percentage of good data packets received over the last 24 days.
Weather Station Equipment / Graph on VP2 diagnostic screen
« Last post by jwt873 on January 20, 2019, 10:08:00 PM »
Despite the fact that everything is working will, I thought I'd poke around the diagnostic screens on my Davis Vantage Pro2

On the second screen (shown on page 41 of the Davis VP2 manual) there's a graph on the bottom left.  It shows  "Last 24 days / Every 1 day".   The manual explains what all the displayed numbers mean, but there is no explanation of what the graph is displaying.....   Does anyone know??

WD Questions / Re: sun/moon eclipse tag
« Last post by niko on January 20, 2019, 09:44:58 PM »
thanks,  Next Lunar Eclipse: "January 21 2019 05:12:29 120%"   saw the NWS report on twitter this morning mention the eclipse but gave a mostly cloudy forecast.  Almost never fails, any thing remotely interesting happening that I even think of dragging out my telescope it clouds up.

Happens for me every time with meteor showers  :roll:
WD Questions / Re: sun/moon eclipse tag
« Last post by dsscheibe on January 20, 2019, 09:38:10 PM »
thanks,  Next Lunar Eclipse: "January 21 2019 05:12:29 120%"   saw the NWS report on twitter this morning mention the eclipse but gave a mostly cloudy forecast.  Almost never fails, any thing remotely interesting happening that I even think of dragging out my telescope it clouds up.
WD for Linux / Re: Help for install onto Ubuntu 18.04 64bit on VMware VM
« Last post by tobes49 on January 20, 2019, 09:28:54 PM »
The device resource busy error
Is the clue
You could try starting weatherdisplay as sudo
In a terminal window

I did start in a terminal window with the sudo command,

terminal window,
Code: [Select]
cd wdisplay
Code: [Select]
sudo ./weatherdisplay
For testing I just installed weather display on a windows 7 VM, swapped the USB port to the Win 7 PC and this receives the data straight away
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
cumulus