cloudy cloudy

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Graphics / Re: GFS-maps & meteograms
« Last post by Leavening Weather Station on Today at 10:05:10 AM »
Thnx. I saw this yesterday but am having problems updating GrADS.

Both the .gz and the Windows Superpack are missing the grads.exe executable.

Obviously itís not going to work without these. I canít see them anywhere.

Does anyone have it working? Iím guessing not.
« Last post by hrvistaweather on Today at 09:58:17 AM »
Hi Marian,
Long Speak no Time.
Would I be Correct/Wrong in assuming that the new version of OpenGrads would require Minor/Major changes to our existing .gs scripts.
Kind Regards,
Hope you are well, Tony
« Last post by emsiwx22 on Today at 06:07:50 AM »
WD Questions / Re: solar in a jar and setting extra sensor number
« Last post by BWX on Today at 04:30:39 AM »
Third image, maybe untick,  I have an adapted temp/hum sensor? as i have sure it will be just a temp sensor? apologies if incorrect.
Weather Display Live Discussion/Questions / Re: Help with FreshWDL on new webspace
« Last post by w0mbat on February 18, 2019, 11:21:20 PM »
Some further information...
Brian mentioned that he had not seen any other reports of my issue.
One possible explanation for that is that I am on satellite internet. I am on the relatively new Australian NBN satellite system which is a vast improvement over previous satellite systems I have been on.
I hesitate to mention this these days as many IT people immediately blame the satellite internet and then won't do any further investigation.
in around 2 years usage I have never found any other software or system that does not work properly on the NBN satellite!
Download is 25Mb/s, upload 5Mb/s and the ping is reliably around 570 mS which is close to the speed of light travel time for the distance involved (around 150,000 KM return trip)
However, of course, the satellite system and the long ping MIGHT have something to do with it. Perhaps the newer Clientrawrealtimeftp might have tighter timing requirements???? I'm only guessing!
Also the administrator of my new webspace gave me the link for the FTP instructions for their system which I thought might be of interest.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/deploy-ftp

I just thought this information might be of some use.

Thanks again to Brian.
Ian

Custom Templates and Scripts / Re: weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi)
« Last post by wvdkuil on February 18, 2019, 09:24:39 PM »
Thought I'd contact CheckWX anyway, here's their reply:

"Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.  It has been corrected.
I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for using CheckWX"
Thanks  :D
I assume it will go away

Thought I'd contact CheckWX anyway, here's their reply:

"Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.  It has been corrected.
I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for using CheckWX"
WD Questions / Re: Weather display software for Co/Tech station
« Last post by niko on February 18, 2019, 09:01:31 PM »
This is the Weather-Display software support forum  :wink:
WD Questions / Re: Weather display software for Co/Tech station
« Last post by farrislime on February 18, 2019, 08:45:57 PM »
tnx ill try that but i think i tried a coupel of those options.  will download WUHU  again and try.   I had some  response on culumus but nothing more than some green lights. no data uploaded. 
tnx
Custom Templates and Scripts / Re: HWS-template (WD34) beta test topic
« Last post by meteosa on February 18, 2019, 07:53:02 PM »
Very strange. 
  • As with the release version I do it step for step. So there is no Italian language file in the wxsimPP folder of the BETA-download
  • But I see Italian language for  wxsim at your site, screenshot meteosantangelo.jpg. And indeed the temps are missing
  • I added the Italian language also,  Italian words although not quite the same but no missing temps, screenshot wxsim_it.jpg
         http://wd34.weather-template.com/pwsTEST/index.php?lang=it
  • Downloaded your plaintext.txt but that is correct English and produces the same Italian words and correct temps
Beta testing is about helping the developer to find errors with the beta-test scripts. To make sure that the release version is as good as it can be.

I can only assume that the missing temps you have are caused by your own Italian language files with which you tested. Therefor I wait to further investigate as long as you use your own files.  Upload "the original" Italian language file as attached without changing it or opening it . 
When the results are correct with the official language file we can close this problem.

And when the April release arrives (or even now) you can change the Italian language file as much as you want. Or you can use your file.
BUT  all language files should be encoded as  UTF-8. So do not save it after changing with another character-encoding.

Wim

Thanks Wim, it works.
Also installed the second beta and everything works.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10