cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: so run this by me again..  (Read 8001 times)

Offline aifan27

• Tim
  • Pennsylvania
    • Newtown Weather
Re: so run this by me again..
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 11:53:49 PM »
Your USA map looks pretty good so far...

Obviously it is a little stretched out left and right, but you're almost there, aardvark!  :) :wink:

Good luck.

Offline JaxWeather

• Bob
  • Global Moderator
  • VP 2 w/FARS - WML Station: WD00007
  • Jacksonville, Fl. USA
    • JaxWeather.net
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 12:12:16 AM »

OR   I can do some serious drinking or both?    Need some duck water   

Here...Here   :occasion5:  :occasion7:

Offline aardvark

• Des Moines, Iowa
  • Des Moines, Iowa, USA
    • Des Moines, Iowa Weather and Climate
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 03:03:00 AM »
well  this should be done soon... then bottle one batch of mead then start the new one.  arghh matey..
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2); Soil Moisture/Temp Station;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Mojave;https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/1c484adbfa914d1aa10a58ad53ccd563/summary

Offline administrator

• Administrator
  • Get answers to your questions - use Forum SEARCH!
  • Blackpool, UK
    • Weather-Watch.com
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 06:33:20 AM »
that is essentially what I have.  However  the url points to your web page.  Now... IF  there is more than one map, how does the program know that jpg  is for a particular map?

The confusion I've added was to try to clear up a previous confusion. However, the new confusion is currently only a partial solution which needs more work at the server and Flash end to fix it. Just to clarify...

1) The URL on the map creation page is supposed, and always was supposed, to hold the URL of the web page that included MML and NOT the URL of the JPG.
2) The URL is used to add a link to the master index of MML pages. If it points at a JPG anyone clicking on the link just gets a JPG map with no stations on it and doesn't see MML at all.
3) When the multi-page feature was added to standalone MML both Julian and I missed the obvious point that when you load MML you only see the first map <map1>, but someone coudl click on the index wanting to see <map2>.

I added the extra URL validation to reject JPG images because that was clearly not what people would expect to see when they clicked on the link. At least now they get MML and then may need to select the specific map from the drop down list.

We've now got to investigate a way of passing a specific map page from the URL into the Flash so that when people click on the URL they see the map they wanted to see.
Chris
Weather Forum Administrator

Offline aifan27

• Tim
  • Pennsylvania
    • Newtown Weather
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 12:53:23 PM »
Aardvark,

I like how you chose to setup the maps for the USA (one for Western USA and one for Eastern USA)!  :)

I think it looks great...now lets hope there won't be anymore problems.  :wink:

Offline aardvark

• Des Moines, Iowa
  • Des Moines, Iowa, USA
    • Des Moines, Iowa Weather and Climate
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2005, 01:52:25 PM »
The issue is that when the image is reduced to the size for the flash window, the coordinates are a bit screwy, so it involved a lot of trying to move stations to match the now not so great coordinates.  Perhaps in a future version the map size might be increased so not to distort the map and to make fitting stations to their coordinates better.
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2); Soil Moisture/Temp Station;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Mojave;https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/1c484adbfa914d1aa10a58ad53ccd563/summary

Offline aifan27

• Tim
  • Pennsylvania
    • Newtown Weather
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 01:54:25 PM »
I don't think it's that big of a deal that the coordinates are not exact.  Most of the places on your maps look accurate enough to me...

cumulus