cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: How long to wait before reporting a problem?  (Read 16877 times)

Offline administrator

• Administrator
  • Get answers to your questions - use Forum SEARCH!
  • Blackpool, UK
    • Weather-Watch.com
How long to wait before reporting a problem?
« on: June 30, 2005, 02:46:40 PM »
Some people have had problems with the registration/subscription process. At the moment I can see what's wrong, but not why. In a couple of cases people have waited patiently for a day or more before reporting the problem and haven't been able to use one or more features for that period. So I thought it was worth clarifying the position over how long it takes for things to be activated after you've subscribed or paid for a service to avoid you having to wait longer than is really necessary.

For clientraw data provision, the feature should become available as soon as you've finished the subscription process. So If you subscribe for this and can't get in within a minute or two, please report it as a problem at that point.

For paid subscriptions, it's a little more variable. I can't guarantee who long it will take Paypal to confirm your payment. However, if you've paid by credit/debit card or by money already in your Paypal account, then the process normally takes less than 5-10 minutes. If you pay by transferring money from your bank into Paypal, then it can take 3-4 days for the money to clear. Assuming you've not paid via your bank account, once the MML system receives confirmation of payment from Paypal the rest of the process should be automatic. A scheduled job runs every 15 minutes to turn on features that have been paid for in the last 15 minutes. So a paid for subscription could be available within as little as 2-3 minutes or maybe as much as 25-30 minutes after you pay. So for anything you've paid for (again assuming not paid via your bank) if the feature hasn't turned on within 1 hour of you making your payment, please report it as a problem.

Of course, reporting the problem doesn't mean it can be fixed immediately...perhaps when I retire and work out how to stay away 24*365 I'll be able to solve that problem! However, once you've reported the problem I'll get round to looking it ASAP.
Chris
Weather Forum Administrator

Offline david570

• Uckfield, East Sussex, UK
Re: How long to wait before reporting a problem?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 06:59:40 PM »
I have subscribed to the standalone MML several hours ago but cannot see the serial number in my membership details.  Has something gone wrong?  User dmw570.

Offline david570

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 07:17:07 PM »
Having looked even further back at previous posts I see there was a date problem with some subscriptions.  Mine shows the start date as 2012 but I'd rather not wait that long ;-)  David

Offline JaxWeather

• Bob
  • Global Moderator
  • VP 2 w/FARS - WML Station: WD00007
  • Jacksonville, Fl. USA
    • JaxWeather.net
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 07:20:16 PM »
  Mine shows the start date as 2012 but I'd rather not wait that long ;-)  David

BUT look on the positive side, won't have to pay again until 2013   LOL  Oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

-Bob

Offline administrator

• Administrator
  • Blackpool, UK
    • Weather-Watch.com
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 09:49:34 PM »
Having looked even further back at previous posts I see there was a date problem with some subscriptions.

That still happens on rare occasions. I thought the problem had gone away after a recent upgrade to the subscription software, but it's obviously still happening. It's difficult to find the cause, because it's only happening every couple of weeks (maybe even less frequently).

Anyway, I've fixed your start date, so it should hopefully be working for you now. Let me know if it's not.

Sorry for the delay in fixing this...I've spent most of the day/evening with our CIO, including a very nice chinese banquet this evening, so I've not had as much time to look at issues today.
Chris

Offline david570

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 05:14:28 AM »
Thank you, got the serial number now and have data on my desktop.  I also see my weather station has appeared on other MML sites.  I am struggling to get mine working on the web but will keep going with the FAQs etc. for a while before I ask for help.  No problem re the delay, I wouldn't let anything get in the way of a good meal either !

Offline carolinastormwatch

• Sunset Beach, North Carolina
    • Carolina StormWatch
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 09:09:57 PM »
Hi Brian,

I reported a problem with Mesomap Live showing an error message on Mantis a week ago but the issue has not been resolved or assigned yet. This was a Pay Pal subscription on the stand alone version of MML.

Any idea of when someone will have a chance to correct this problem? Error message is showing "Incorrect Serial Number for www.carolinastormwatch.com".

Thanks for your assistance.

Tom M.
carolinastormwatch
Tom Myers

Offline JaxWeather

• Bob
  • Global Moderator
  • VP 2 w/FARS - WML Station: WD00007
  • Jacksonville, Fl. USA
    • JaxWeather.net
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 09:45:19 PM »
Tom,

Is your MML License for www..carolinastormwatch.com or just .carolinastormwatch.com as that will make a difference...

-Bob

Bashy

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 10:04:02 PM »
Perhaps the reg number should be assigned to both the variations then
it wouldnt be a problem, you can only reg one domain :)

Offline janove

• Vårgårda, Sweden
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Firefox 22.0
    • Vårgårda Väderstation
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 07:14:14 PM »
Hi!
I have subscribed to the standalone MML several days (6) ago but cannot see the serial number in my membership details. And it looks like I have to wait a long time, for it says that I have paid for the period 12.31.2025 - 12.31.2026. :) User magra225.

Regards
Jan-Ove

Offline administrator

• Administrator
  • Blackpool, UK
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Chrome 28.0.1500.95
    • Weather-Watch.com
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 07:39:35 PM »
The subscription system gets hiccups sometimes and puts dates in the future. I wish I knew why...I'd fix it, but it's so random I can't be sure what happens.

I've fixed the problem now. Sorry for the delay in fixing it.
Chris

Offline janove

• Vårgårda, Sweden
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Firefox 22.0
    • Vårgårda Väderstation
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 08:49:53 PM »
Thank you, now it works. It does not matter that I had to wait because I know it'll work out in the end. That's what is so good with you guys here on the forum, you will always get help. Thanks again.

Best regards
Jan-Ove

Offline aardvark

• Des Moines, Iowa
  • Des Moines, Iowa, USA
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • MS IE 7.0
    • Des Moines, Iowa Weather and Climate
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »
Chris, I sent you a pM.   I changed my domain URL and it doesn't jive with the serial number, hence it works no more.  When you have the opportunity to get into your PM , would you send me the serial number that jives with the new url. I also gave you the email address.

I appreciate it.

:)
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2); Soil Moisture/Temp Station;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Sierra; Webcam; https://www.desmoinesweather.org

Offline niko

• syzygy
  • Global Moderator
  • Crystal Ball broken! Please post the URL.
  • Northern California, U.S.A.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • MS IE 9.0
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 09:58:09 PM »
Don't forget to signup the new domain for data collection.

Offline aardvark

• Des Moines, Iowa
  • Des Moines, Iowa, USA
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • MS IE 7.0
    • Des Moines, Iowa Weather and Climate
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 11:03:06 PM »
I have that going, but some on my side of the pond, I am not seeing it on the bottom of my LONG page:  http://www.desmoinesweather.org/radar.htm

I will figure this out. Not sure if it is the Bitdefender being a pain in the tush or something I am doing. 
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2); Soil Moisture/Temp Station;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Sierra; Webcam; https://www.desmoinesweather.org