Send rain

OK maybe this doesn’t qualify as “freaky weather” but things are pretty dry in Northern Illinois. Running about a 6 to 7 inch deficit since spring. A pretty strong ridge has been keeping any precip well to our north lately. Now we are looking at mid 90s the next couple of days.

Guess I should feel pretty lucky then, around 8:30 this morning we got a whopping .03/in of rain (I’m in Elgin-just north of ya).

I saw those cells building early this morning on my way in to work. Pontiac had a brief thunderstorm as well but most areas saw nothing. Looks like the next chance is with a weak cold front expected to move through late Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed but not putting away the sprinkler anytime soon! :lol:

watered the garden to day, heck with what my soil sensors say… When the tomatos line up at the door with cups asking for water, it is time.

we have had 2.44 inches of rain this month, last rain was 10 days ago and it is hot at humid. 4 inches down there is some moisture but since I move dhte soil sensors a bit ( except the 24 and 36 inch suckers) some dry soil in the hole hence bad readings for a while). So I watered.

too hot to mow the lawn, unless I get up real early tomorrow. The weeds are doing fine, that is what keeps the lawn green, grass gone and moved away.

My June total now is 2.08. I got lucky a couple weeks back when an isolated storm went right over my station and dumped nearly 1.3 inches in an hour. Of course with that intensity not too much actually soaks in but I’ll take what I can get. Rainfall this time of year is real hit or miss. I had just set up WD to send me emails for wx alarms and I got a text message on my cell phone for high rainfall rate when that happened. Pretty slick! Back to watering…

we have a 40, 50, or 30 % chance of rain the next three days. I look at the same way, 60,50,70 percent it won’t so out to the hose we go…

The alarms are a real neat feature to let one know what is going down. I would do the WAP thing,but with US Cellular - they don’t use the WAP protocol, something called BREW . other option is to send an email,but on mycell that tis truncated to justthe first page, there isn’t an option that I can see to send the email message in 128 character pages… So I have the email sent to my work computer.

In the long run it works out

This month’s rain is only .19, almost a record low for June. This weak front approaching will probably miss us again.

Official heatwave in the Netherlands.

This means it has been at least 25

Chow…what is your normal hi/lo temperature for this time of year there? We are expecting high temperatures in the mid to upper 90s here today and the normal high is 81. I can feel the heat coming off my dry back yard. I better postpone any backyard barbeques until the fire danger has passed! Unfortunately it may be a while.

This is the first heatwave in june in 30 years!

Normally it’s about 19

naw, go on with the bbq. it is bound to bring rain.

we have just had 40mm (nearly 2 inches) in the last 24 hours…but its winter here :wink:
more showers today, but the coming week here should bemainly fine but cool winds

Just saw the forecast for the upcoming week, guess what… More of the same, 90’s and NO rain in sight for another week. :angry4:

i do know they are (were) talking about a el nino this year…sure sounds like el nino conditions for the midwest…at the moment…?

Oh some well meaning person gave Mom Nature the bird again… 8)

hydrowx,

I’m afraid they send the rain to the Netherlands … tonight it has rained about 9.5mm (well, according to my system anyway … the Met Office will report in a couple of hours).

It has cooled down nicely … they expect a temperature around about 25

we had 1.25 inches in this neck of the woods, higher up north. Yesterday morning a drought sort of now flood advisories.

Well that happens in Iowa, the local state joke is " Don’t like the weather? wait a few hours, it will change."

Yeah, and you drained it all out as it was trying to move into Illinois and it just disappeared before it got here. :frowning: Guess that 40% chance is now 0%.

I don’t know… It looks like it is moving up to Wisconsin… probably good for the cheese crop.

Watching some decent looking storms move across the Wisconsin/Illinois border at the moment but too far north to help us any. There may be some decent lightning displays to our north tonight. With the weak winds aloft – southwest at about 5 kts – anyone under one is sure to get some good downpours.