105°F + next 10 Days

which is ok if you are used to a climate like that - I woudn’t like it. Far far too hot.

[quote author=krelvinaz link=topic=9595.msg69555#msg69555 date=1119329562]
But it is a DRY HEAT

Well the first day of summer is here and it is 110f. This is the hottest so far, we had dry lightening all night long and now have 14 wild fires burning. Some of them are already more than 200 acres. Looks like it might rain but not much hope. Arizona also has some large wild fires from lightening over night by Carefree. This only the first day of summer, I think it will be long and hot!!!

Joe

some say summer would start the 1st june (1st december for southern hemisphere), some say not until the longest day…
whats peoples opinions?

Summer starts when school starts or when the snow flies. or snow flys?

At least we don’t have the wild fires here… grass fires but those are easily contained and not much at that. City kids hate them, burns up the ditch weed they have been growing.

It’s an astronomical thing…:slight_smile:

50% chance of thundershowers tonight. well… there are watches out in the area. Considering that a cold front is coming across thearea , the heat index right now – about 4 hours before sunset is 106, dew point 77 and wet bulb 72 it could be interesting in some areas. I am guessing it will make some noise drop three rain drops and move on as the forecast is hot through at least tuesday.

We had a temperature spread of almost [b]40

[quote author=krelvinaz link=topic=9595.msg71847#msg71847 date=1120253044]
We had a temperature spread of almost [b]40

Our highest humidity the last couple days has been 31%. For the week 43%.

105 is pretty high for your neck of the woods. Good think it is dropping down at night.

The last few days here in central Georgia have been really bad with heat index reaching 108.9 today and temps in mid 90’s

I would take some of that ‘dry heat’ 8)

Frank

The temps in my area haven’t really been that high (lower to mid-80’s), but the humidity has been a killer (60%+), making the dew points in the 60’s and 70’s. It has been horrible - but I guess the temps are very good right now for July…

A cold front pushed through here on Thursday with much cooler and less humid air. We had a low this morning of 52 F and expect a pleasant day today with a high around 80. The dry weather continues however. We need about 6.5 inches to make up for the current moisture deficit. Ideally that would come in 1/2 inch increments over the next several weeks but typically it all comes at once this time of year and most of it runs off.

Bill, same with us. Once we got those severe storms yesterday afternoon/evening, the temps really started to drop (I recorded a 15 degree F temperature drop within 20 minutes). Today, the highs are supposed to be in the low-80’s and less humidity, although the humidity right now is about 60% with temps in the upper-70’s.

The lower dewpoints came in about 24 to 36 hrs after frontal passage so you should have nice sleeping wx tonight. It’s nice to be able to open the windows and turn the AC off.

I sitting here in fresno california It very hot and dry. Too Hot and dry for this Texan. 105 during day and 60s at night
Coyote :smiley: :smiley:

I have the windows open right now, in fact!

[quote author=aifan27 link=topic=9595.msg72139#msg72139 date=1120398230]
I have the windows open right now, in fact!

Both intentional and otherwise. Seems to me there aren’t many places where you can’t use “Linksys” as your ISP :lol:

[quote author=Coyote link=topic=9595.msg72151#msg72151 date=1120406087]
Ah I am heading east tomorrow