Pictures of the setup for my anemometer.

Here are somre picutres of the new setup for my anemometer I took last night.

DSCN0495[1] (2).JPG

DSCN0496[2] (2).JPG

Here are some more pictures (these didn’t fit on the other post)…

DSCN0498[1] (2).JPG

DSCN0499[1] (2).JPG

Looks good :smiley:

Thanks niko.

If you guys want to see an overview of the anemometer setup I think I have a picture of it…

Sorry if the pictures are a bit dark by the way.

If you open “my computer” go to the directory where the picture file is and right click on the file, mouse to “Open With”, do you see “Microsoft Photo Editor” as a choice? If so open the picture with that, go to image, balance, and adjust the gamma, and it will look like this.

aifan.jpg

Oh okay…thanks niko.

I’m busy at the moment but I will do that later for you guys.

Thanks for the help.

Here are the pictures fixed up a bit…

DSCN0494[1] (2).JPG

DSCN0495[1] (2).JPG

And the other two…

DSCN0500[1] (2).JPG

DSCN0501[1] (2).JPG

Hey Tim. I like your setup. Really nice! I hope the anemometer is working out good for you. If not, you could always use a tree lol.

Billy

Thanks! I came up with so many ideas, and tried almost all of them…but this one is the only one that has worked good (accurate wind speeds).

I hope the anemometer is working out good for you. If not, you could always use a tree lol.

LOL…good idea, but I don’t think I will end up using one. But if I decide to, I will know who to ask :lol:.

Well today I was expecting a letter in the mail from the neighborhood association (anemometer), because the guy in charge of the association drives through the townhomes in the neighborhood every Thursday…and I figured I would’ve gotten the letter today (atleast let’s hope so :? #-o).

The same guy walks through the front and backyards of the townhomes about once or twice every year. I’m sure he will say something about the pole mounted to the fence, so I don’t think this setup is going to up for a while…

I will update you guys as soon as anything happens.

You know…

If you were to get your weather station hooked up to a computer and setup a web page, you might be able to get an exemption if you provided your town house area with local area weather information. You might find that they like the idea of having very localized current weather information they can get for free.

I know that when I moved my ISS unit where it is now visable from the street, I got all kinds of questions from neighbors as to what exactly is that thing you put there. When the neighbors to the west of me found out it was a weather station, they all were very interested in whether or not they could access that info since they have livestock (horses of all kinds, lamas, donkeys, cows, bulls etc).

I know have half the neighbor hood checking the web page to see what the current conditions are.

I dont live in a restricted area and could if I wanted to put up a 150ft tower… but I think if you angle it right, you might get them to want you to have the weather station.

[quote author=krelvinaz link=topic=9133.msg65673#msg65673 date=1116947454]
If you were to get your weather station hooked up to a computer and setup a web page, you might be able to get an exemption if you provided your town house area with local area weather information.