Client viewer over the internet

great, thanks greg
ah, so that is why you are so quiet on the forum, you are away on holiday…(heck i thought you thought that i was such a so and so you had walked away)
the daily sunshine hours should be working on the 3D grpah…
is for me…

and i will incorporate the icon straight into the program so no need to have as separate files, and i will have option to have the icon match the windspeed instead

No I’m not going anywhere. I saw the new 3d graph and I like it. Now it will be easy to look back and see the cloudy durations. The reason I haven’t been saying anything is everything is working, plus March Madness (the NCAA tournament) is in full swing. I’m originally from Kentucky and the Kentucky Wildcats are favored to win it all. We’ll see. I’m as nervous as a dog in heat but I hope we can hang in there and pull it off.

Brian ,
Did you say the traytemp is not woking for you?

yeah, i am using the example you gave, which is my data, lol
and i just get the NIA

i will also add these number icons to WD too…it will be a good idea

i am a paranoid bugger
if people are quiet, i think there must be something drasticly wrong, when the opposigte is the case, LOL

i have added this to a new client viewer verison, ready now
(and option to show the windspeed)
off to the party now, will add this an option to wd when i get home

Hi Brian. No need to be paranoid. I suspect the reason it is so quiet is
that most are like me, program chugging along nicely.
No problems here. LOL
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I just tried your URL from here and it works perfectly. Check the url and make sure it is correct and let me know if it continues to show NA. I need to add a bit of error reporting to the app. I have literally dozens of people at work using it. Its a good window to the world when you work in a building without windows.

I have installed the IIS component. (I must admit, working with this stuff scares me a bit since I have been running so reliably!) How tough is this to get going? Is it likely to mess things up at all?

If not, what’s next?

If you are runnning IIS be sure to keep up to date with security patches from MS.

I have been running IIS for 5 years and have never had a single problem. As long as you change the port that iis runs on its not as risky as running a server on the default port 80.

Now Right click on my computer > and select manage. Then select Servcies and Applications. Then Internet Information Services, then web sites. Right click on default web site and select properties.

Change the TCP port to something like 8081. This is waht I use and this is the number in the url you asked about in an earlier thread. Like http://12.213.334.33:8081/webpage.html

Next right click on default web site and select new > virtual directory. This will bring up a wizzrd. Point this virtual directory to the directory that houses your clientraw.txt file.

Take defaults.

When this is finnished you have a directory that can be accessed as a web file.

Let me know when you get this done and we’ll go from there.

I have it all setup and I have opened the port # in my router (although I am not sure that I have done all that is necessary). I assume that I can’t test from my local PC.

What’s next?

Do I access the clientraw.txt file by referring to the virtual directory and filename?

If you don’t mind post or email me your url and I’ll test it for you. It should look something like http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8081/directorywebfilesarein/clientraw.txt

greg, i have added the numbered icon for the tray to wd now
see under setup, options

Brian, Greg:

The temperature icon in the system tray looks great. :lol:

Brian with the family and farm you continue to improve WD :!:

Just want to say Thanks and Great work.

Dave

its a big thanks to greg, he did all the icons , and let me use them
i have the windspeed icon working, great for wind freaks like me!

but, greg, -44 to -41 icons were missing, and -30 and -20…
if you have them, please email me them

summary image arrows:
we really need to get the image cropped all the way around the arrow…
i could try here…

I updated to 9.67e and the icon in the task bar has changed and looks like a battery. What’s up?

If you want to display temp or wing, you need to go to setup_display units Options, there at the very bottom you can choose to display the temperatuer or wind speed.

Dave

If I don’t want this…is there a way to go back to the ‘normal’ icon for WD?

Greg, I am really enjoying your traytemp program. Two questions (I know - we always want more don’t we?)…

1. how tough would it be to add an option to autoload so you don’t have to hit ok?

2. any option on colors of the icons? I have both traytemp and the weather display on my test machine running and can’t tell the two apart.

Thanks again for a good one!

I can fix the auto-load if all the data it needs to run has been entered. As far as changing the colors of the icons - well thats another story. There are over a hundred icons and it was a paint to make them let alone reopen all of them and edit the colors.