new: automatic creation of all day movie now

in version 10.24g zip
tick that option in the all day video setup in the web cam capture setup
it is a date stamped file in the alldavideo directory
i have tested, works (there is a test button, it will get created and then renamed (its created 15 minutes after sunset (or when you click on the test button),and then the file is renamed to be date stamped 4 minute later (to give plenty of time for the file to be created etc)

i think this will be a nice feature
an auto created movie of the days web cam images :lol:

Brian,
A very nice feature. It will be very interesting to see what has been going on in my remote cabin while I have been away. But before I can put a PC up there I got to get WD to run reliably for at least two weeks, I have not achieved that yet.

I tested the new feature and it worked perfectly the first time. But when I tried it several times later during the day and also on the automatic trigger after sunset it produced the dayvideo.mpg file OK but it never renamed and timestamped it. Going back the only change I made from the first time was that I entered the correct lat/long numbers from the default 0/0. 12 hrs of video takes 3 min 50 sec to produce om my PC. 17 hrs (the daylight time here now) takes 5.5 mins to produce compared to the 4 you state. Am I right suspecting that the reason the file was not renamed was that it was not completed yet? I don’t have the patience right now to set the lat/lon to 0/0 and retest. (What is that timer set to? Seems like more than 15 min)
I am probably overdoing it right now with way too high resolution on the webcam so it should be possible to get down the time to produce the video if that is the reason for my problem. (or you could increase the 4 min?).

one problem with the file rename is that if it already exists, then it cant rename to that file (i.le from testing it)
another thing to note:
the files are quite large!

Brian,
did some more testing; (made shure the alldayvideo folder was emty)
Reduced the file size of the time stamped web cam pictures to 9-11 kB but 13 hrs of 1 min pictures takes about 5 min to produce so I believe the time it takes is more a function of number of frames rather than the amount of data. Is it possible to trigger the file rename when the production of the dayvideo file is finished or increase the delay before the rename takes place?
Have had the production of the alldaymovie file been triggered by the sunset time twice now. Same thing happened both times: An alldaymovie file was created at the time of sunset and a dayvideo file was produced 1/2 hr later. See screenshots of the file listing below. Is it possible that the production of the file is triggered both at sunset and by the timer half hour later?

hi
version 10.24pzip version worked perfectly for me creating the date stamped moview file automaticly around sunset time :slight_smile:
:lol: :o :smiley:

I tried the test button to create the all day movie. It caused my machine to hang. Then last night it created the movie and I stopped getting updates on the client. Just wondering how to ensure the create movie doesn’t occur. I’m on vacation next week and don’t want it crashing. When I get back I’ll play with it some more.

hi
amybe try the 10.24p version
but if you untick to auto create it, in the all day video seciton in the web cam capture setup, then it should be ok
note that it does take a wack of cpu/HD when it comes to do it…

Thanks Brian. I’m running this on 2 something gig Celeron w/ 128meg memory and XP. I’m sure it is being pushed to the limit when creating the mov. The file it creates is quite large. I’m at work and can’t remember if it was 218 or 812 meg but it was a monster.

I don’t remember an auto create tick for the movie. I remember a “blue” line saying creating time stamped images required. Is that the one?

I want to thank you again for WD and your support. I know I wouldn’t be nearly as interested in weather without WD and support from this forum. THANKS!