The Link

For those of you with 1-wire net systems that are considering whether or not to purchase The Link, all I can say is DO IT :smiley:

Until about 3 weeks ago I had put up with all sorts of instability in my system. I finally got around to ordering the The Link and installing it (well just plugging it in is all that is required). My system has now reached 1.2 million 1-wire readings without any hangs, bangs or reboots. I’m just about ready to bow to it every morning :lol:
So if you were sitting on the fence wondering if it is worth while getting one, all I can say is a resounding yes.

What were you using before?

Just the good old standard RS-232 interface from AAG. I’ve never tried the USB version, but I’m lead to believe it is only marginally better than the RS232 version.

I don’t consider mine to be a particularly complicated 1-wire net, but this change has improved it out-of-sight.

totally agree with you Colin . Every since I got a link adapter thing have been sweet for me .
Also the best thing I did was upgrade my OS from 98SE to W2000 sp4 .
I actually running two WD sessions on the machine ( I have a remote weather station 19 km’s away )
I use another program to poll the WS on a 10 minute interval ( giving me 1 minute averages ) WD reads the CSV raw file and display the information .

The station was use by an One World Challenge ( Americas Cup Synidicate USA 60 , 61 ) during racing ( they won the first eight races before the wind direction completely changed ) it was a shame as they were very pleased with the realtime information .
One of the most pleasing projects I ever undertaking and been part of . :smiley: