Trends

I’ve noticed my trends.gif is showing nothing for last month and last year. I understand last year as I had no data, but why none last month? All the data is there.

mine does the same as yours.

http://www.jaxweather.net/WeatherImages/WD/trends.gif

Same here, but danged if I can remember last time I saw “Last Month” data in that image :dontknow:

-Bob

10.23p currently…

-Bob

With past upgrades I’ve too have noticed this. It takes maybe a day for WD to update this column. Depending on how long ago upgrade was done, patience. Some ver. do it faster than others, but in the end it did update for me.

Happening here as well. Running 10.23L.

I noticed the April data was missing and checked the log file for 2004 and it appears to be fine so not sure why it is not being picked up by WD. I thought it might be due to the changes Brian made to the date fix for Feb so I half-expected to see some data on the 3rd or 4th of the month, but here it is the 8th and still no data.

just updated from ver 10.23o to ver 10.23p. trends last month came right in.

Loaded 10.23P after a bad storm. Trends.gif still incomplete.

Upgraded to version p and after several days still no data showing from last year. Tried someone else’s suggestion to convert the log files for last month, restart WD, then convert this month and restart WD, no change.

Where does WD get this data from anyways? I have used the NOAA report page to re-generate last years April data and it seemed to work okay, so I am fairly confident the log file is intact and okay.

Anybody have an idea of what else I could try?

Dan,

All my data is intact, it has to be a setting somewhere. I've been waiting for Brian to return because I know he'l know exactly what is missing. I see on many sites it is working fine and on others it is like mine. I tried carefully to go over all the settings but don't find one that looks suspicious.

Well, after noticing that I also lost last months data on the trends I decided to go “looking” for the data. I went through the wdisplay.ini and wdisplayftp.reg. I could find nothing in them that resembles historical data. I then loaded April 2004 and 2005 into the NOAA reports screen and looked over the data and could find nothing out of the ordinary with either file. I have to assume that WD reads the log files directly to get the information it needs to populate the trends data as I don’t see the data being stored any place else in the WD directory. I would have thought WD would store the needed information in an easier location to parse than the actual log files.

I also noticed there is now an option to show the average for the day (min/max) if you have 2 years worth of data. I haven’t hit the 2 yr mark yet, but I wonder if those who use this feature are having any problems with it similar to the trends issues some of us are having. As a last resort I used the recreate web av/ext function on the NOAA reports page for April 2004 and 2005 to see if it would work since it would need to read the log files. It appeared to work just fine, no errors were reported, it just told me to upload the new file to my web server.

So I am out of ideas. I guess I will wait with you until Brian has a chance to investigate.

The 2 year “thingy” works on this site.

http://blackpool.weather-watch.com/marton.php

Must be something else we missed.

Not sure what happened. I had some funky data which I cleaned up, that locked up my system. I rebooted and now my "last month" trend data re-appeared. So the problem is fixed, just don't know how.

Been looking at my log files and discovered some things that appear different between the formats.

Some log files have the format for the date as:

01 04 2004

While others show:

01 4 2004

Can you tell me what your logs show for the format of the date? Strange that there is a place for the zero between the day and month but the zero is missing. I looked at the current month and it shows the second format so I am converting last months log file to see if that makes a difference.

Also, what was the funky data you found? Was it just the format and line length, or something else, like text or garbled characters?

I am seeing trends with mine only with yearly but as if last month or never happened. Still very odd that it stopped working a few versions back.

Yep, mine looks like yours. I am working the log files, if I figure out a fix I will post.

The "funky data" was some wild extremes that occur usually when I reboot. I try to clean them up but must have missed one or two. I received a anti-virus update today and it required a restart. Again, messed up data. I wish I could find a tried and true shutdown and restart procedure that doesn't gum up the works. I hope the "trends" problem does not reoccur because of the errors again.

I’m probably “shooting air” here, but I recall a similar data corruption problem quite a while ago. It was traced to having the “pad out missing data on startup” ticked on, in setup/extra settings-misc. It’s evidently a no-no for data logger users. Might be worth a look ?