Post A Picture of the Setup for Your Weather Station

Continued:

Raingauge mounted 18" from ground to top. Custom raingauge mounting plate by Niko. 8)

Antenna for Boltek Lightning Dectector system.

nice setup
is that ventilation on the Boltec anntena housing?
(as it does get hot)

A very impressive setup in all areas!! And such a mast on the roof to try and get above the trees around you. Do you have any 1-Wire instruments in that mix or is it all Texas Instruments?

Graeme

Thank you.
Yes, it is ventilated with fiberglass screen covering to keep out the critters.

Bottom of pipe is also covered with fiberglass screen and allows flow through ventilation.

It’s all Texas Instruments Graeme.

A very professional installation :thumbright:

the windspeed/direction is the same used as the 1 wire station (which makes it confusing as it looks like a 1 wire station but its not)

I had heard that before. Does anyone know if it’s exactly the same enternally as the 1 wire and the replacement parts are the same? Texas Weather Instruments is VERY proud of their replacement parts. (high price)

Thanks Niko, it’s the raingauge mounting plate of yours that gives it class. 8)

problem would be that the original AAG/Dallas 1 wire station is not available I dont think, its now a version 3 (different for wind direction)
the housing might be the same, but I am not sure if the internal workings are the same

That was a very sophisticated piece of plastic, looks even better in black :lol:

Thanks Brian.

I must say that the Rainwise gauge has turned out to be fantastic piece of equipment.
Tremedously better than the Texas Weather guage it replaced.

It still compares almost exactly to my Cocorhas gauge anytime I compare the two.

Wow! Great setup. Do you find that the Rainwise compares favorably to the CoCoRaHS gauge during intense rainfall episodes as well? Hmm, wondering if I can interface a rainwise with a VP2? :-k

Yes, you can. It’s a 0.01 inch per tip, reed switch gauge that can be connected directly in place of the davis one. You just need to use a phone type 4 pin cable. I used a rainwise with my original VP but let it go when I got the VP2. I second looney2ns comment, it’s a great gauge.

Thanks for the info Niko!

Thank you.

I have never seen it off more than 0.02". And that was during rain that WD reported as 17.00" per hour rain rate.
I’ve been using it now I think for about 3 years, and always amazed at how accurate it has been.
I did go to great pains when I installed it to make certain that it was level. I check it a couple of times per year, but it’s never moved.

It’s mounted on 1" galvanized water pipe buried 26" in concrete. Solid enough that if I accidently bump the pipe with the lawn mower, it never registers a tip.

Wow, I can’t believe the thread I started more than 6 years ago is still (somewhat) alive! :lol:

Got the new setup up…hope it is in a good spot, not as high as some people put theirs. I reckon it is about 3 metres up. About 50 ft from the house and at or above the house roof line (pretty sure it is above).

Certainly notice a huge difference in ease of setup vs the old Lacrosse 2010 (?) I had. The Lacrosse I was fighting tooth and nail (not to mention swearing a lot) to find a spot that the wireless worked on the Base unit and PC pickup device (find a spot and still would eventually drop sometimes). Davis unit was turn on…put up and so far forget about where it is and enjoy a nice steady stream of data coming in.

Anyway here are a couple of pics…just a simple setup.

yes, that new VP2 wireless spectrum technology is great alright, you never here complaints about reception much with that :slight_smile:

great site, great looking exposure
that must be the range between Dargaville and Whangerei in the picture, very northland old volcano look :slight_smile:

hey Aifan27, long time no here!

This is our Davis VP2. It’s on a hill about 130m above sea level. It’s on a purpose made pole (7.5m - thank you, husband and son), with the anemometer at the top and the ISS half way down. It transmits down to the house (about 120m as the crow flies), over the top of hedges and rooftops. It’s a dairy farm, so it’s protected from nosy cows by a fence. It’s open in all directions, and the view below is to the west, towards Morecambe Bay. We haven’t any extra sensors as the budget was groaning by then.

love the pictures of the countryside :slight_smile:

Just a few updated pictures.

This is the watch of the garden. Sorry for the glare. This monitors temperature, humidity, UV index, leaf wetness, soil moisture, and in the future I will add soil temperature too.

The main tower; Measures wind, temperature, humidity, rainfall, and solar radiation.

Side shot.

Close up of the leaf wetness sensor.