An icon for each Forecast day in WDFULLDATA.XML

I was wondering if it were possible to identify a forecast icon with a forecast from the custom xml file. I am getting the five day forecast using the wdfulldata.xml like below

tonight showers and thunderstorms. severe storms with damaging winds and hail possible. lows 47 to 54. east winds around 15 mph.

i want to show an icon next to the forecast description depicting what the forecast says, (rain icon for rain, thunder and clouds for thunderstorm, etc) Is it possible to add the appropriate icon for the forecast day somewhere in the XML feed? I need the icon for each forecast (i am doing 5 day forecast)

Thanks,

Jim Ollerton

hi
i am uploading a new 10.23a zip version now, try downloading it in an hour or so
then in the 5 day forecast, web upload option, there is an option to upload icons…enable that
then the icon for each of the days is uploaded , as
forecasticon5day1.gif, forecasticon5day2.gif
etc
and so you can link to those :wink: :shocked!:

Fantastic :D!

Looking…looking… looking… Can’t seem to find the screen to check the “web upload option” for the forecast options. :?
Maybe I’m just tired…

Here’s a screen shot…

scrncap.JPG

Hi,
First thing you must be downloading a five day forecast for your area. If not then go to this thread…

If you have a five day forecast then try left mouse click on the main screen icon which will bring up the summary, metar, and forecast. Then left mouseclick on forecast, left click on “Upload to web site”, then click “Yes” for “Upload icons (forecasticon5day1.gif)”.

Hope this helps.
Gus

Too slow again! #-o

Thanks… kept looking in the Setup/Control Panel for the options.