Solar display request

Please add this to the list…

For the solar % display I prefer a straight “sensor volts” % graph which is why I use the ‘calculate % from raw compared to max’. Using this there should be no other factors affecting the % at all. I don’t really care about any of the other factors, I just wish to display what is coming off the sensor. I know others running 1-wire solar sensors who have the same wish.

Thanks.

A suggestion for modification that may help people with % issues at the beginning/end of the day…

maybe have an adjustable minimum for the calculated t/lat/long value that it can’t drop below, then it can be adjusted by the user just above the minimum that their particular sensor gets fown to… ie if solar max < min set then make solar max = min set …
this would remove the nescessity to cut the reading to 0 at sunrise/set times, and every bit of sun would be caught

there is a new 10.22r zip ready soon where i have reduced that set to zero a bit more
and, there is now a degrees minute fine tune for the max solar for lat/long calculation in the solar setup

not sure if it will work, but try a new 10.22r zip download, and you can tick to do this, in the solar setup (down in the 1 wire solar bit)

not sure if it will work, but try a new 10.22r zip download, and you can tick to do this, in the solar setup (down in the 1 wire solar bit)

No sorry it didn’t work - I update the ‘bug report’ thread with screen shots.

Well here is the result of two changes on my 1-wire solar sensor setup…

1. Changing the sensor from the supplied one to 2 x solar panels from some solar garden lights. See here for pictures of the mods
    http://www.41south.net.nz/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=63&catid=3

2. Brians change to allow the raw % graphing for the 1-wire solar sensor as per this thread (thanks again Brian!)

The slightly “furry” start to the day is caused by a tree to the east of the sensor (that is soon to be pruned). I’m still tweaking the max volts to get 100% but so far its looking very good.

If anyone is interested in the more technical details of the change please feel free to email or PM me.

Excellent work :slight_smile: I am interested in what you are using as the covering diffuser…?

yes those solar light panels are a very cheap solution, I have a single 6V panel here for mine, but two in the configuration you have would most likely work better… I am electronically correcting for the cosc type response at ends of the day, not very well i might add lol

Would you believe - Its an upside down plastic wine glass with the stem cut off