more about humidity.....

I’m just wondering if the problem of faulty humidity readings on my WS 2300 (10-15% lower) may be caused by batteries power…i mean, maybe the hygro sensor needs a little higher voltage than the one supplied by batteries…so i will try connecting the station by cable…do you think anything will change? #-o
Fab

I am running the WS-2310 and I switched to cable a couple of months ago just for the more frequent update times…

I have been most concerned with readings that are reported and tracked by CWOP as that seemed to me to be the most important and I get feed back on apparent errors and Humidity does not appear to be a part of that reporting process. But it does seem that my Humidity seems to run a few points below a nearby Official Metar reporting station. However I also am hesitant to believe that it is actually incorrect as the Metar station is directly on the River and I am 5 miles removed?

All I can say is I have been very happy with running the 2310 wired as I have noted less drop outs of data and weird fluctuations, however as with anything, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) :wink:

-Bob