PWS_Dashboard December release Q&A discussion

Ok I try it
I noticed that I have two folders called chartswudata. One contains the files listed by you and the other this history_empty.txt file. It’s normal?
Thanks

Sorry I hadn’t read your question correctly, they are active on WU since yesterday. I apologize but I thought the 30-day chart also included yesterday’s data. So I guess it’s normal for this to work. Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience

As long as WU itself does not show any data on your dashboard for the current month, it is impossible for a script to get the data.

Probably WU will show data in a few days.

Wim

last question, for today :joy:, i use cumulus as a station management program, do you have any suggestions of apps for ios and android to take advantage of my data? Congratulations on the really well done template !!

I checked the functioning of the template as every day, but I notice that the 30 day and 365 day graphs stop on December 31st, while today they should have January 1st as the most recent day. Is it WU’s fault?

https://www.meteocamporamoso.it/pwsWD/index.php

Yes but the first day of the year is a little special as the first day of the year is day 0 (zero), not 1 (one). :oops:
I have kept the first days of the year free in my agenda for these “year transition” problems but for now it seems that this is the only problem.
Needs extra code which I am testing at the moment but it should only affect Jan 1.

Should be OK tomorrow with the current code, no need to publish an update, yet.

Wim

Hi Wim and Happy New year.

I se in the right corner on top of the site in Last Earthquake
The time show: Time: 02-01-1970 01:00
Is there something i can do to fix this.

https://svenni.net/pvs/

I understand.

Thanks so much

@ALL Best wishes for the new year.

@Svenni Nice found :smiley: sometimes an invalid date was used
I attach a script, please test it a few days.
Will include it in “old-to-new-year” updates next week
Wim

earthquake_c_small.php.zip (3.38 KB)

Thx Wim, work perfect :smiley:

I tried it too, it works !!

I have an ambient weather station that is linked to Wunderground and PWS. I am trying to get the data to show on my own website. I downloaded the software and uploaded it to my provider. When I filled out the questionnaire to set it up, I put in the WU api that I generated and the ambient weather api and the WU station ID (KVTMOUNT16).

The forecast from WU is showing up, but my live data shows “offline”. Do I need a Device ID as used for downloading from AmbientWeather.net? If so, is that the name I gave it for PWS? Or something else?

Attached is my settings file (renamed as txt) in case that helps you identify my mistake. My site is www.davidsmartin.net/weather

Thanks for any help you can offer.

David

settings.php.txt (3.57 KB)

Big thanks :smiley: :smiley: for using the PWS_Dashboard with your Ambient Weather account. You are the first one I know of.

Yes you need a Device ID ( DID for short)
I will enhance the information in easyweathersetup about the DID.
As with other networks the DID is the unique key of the device, most often the Mac-address.
By definition the Mac-address of any device on the internet is unique, like a fingerprint for humans.

As Ambient allows you to have multiple devices / weather-stations in 1 account, the scripts use that Mac-address to select the correct station.

All is working well after I modified your settings with the correct DID and, for security, also changed the password to a new string.

I answered your e-mail including your new settings password.

A few extra’s for your setup.
Current Conditions
You now selected “WeatherDisplay” for your current conditions (CCN for short).
As Ambient does not supply those weather-values, you should request a free API-key to obtain them elsewhere.
You can use nearby airport , you already entered an airport-code KRUT. But to download the METAR of that airport and generate the CCN you need an API.

Or you can use DarkSky-forecast to get the current conditions for your area, but you need an API-key for them as well.

WU graphs
You did not set the start-date of your WU account, I added it by checking your WU-dashboard https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KVTMOUNT16
But all data is cached so the graphs use empty data from the cache. Graphs should be available tomorrow. If not we have to remove the cached files ourself.

Success,
Wim

I report an anomaly that I checked this morning. Yesterday my Davis recorded a 0.2 mm rain. The template has done its duty, in fact the pripipitation is regularly registered in the ‘daily rain’ box, the problem is instead the page of historical data. At the passage of the cronjobs of 23:55 and 0:05 the system updated the columns of Gennanio and 2020 but indicated twice the precipitation, that is 0.4 mm. The column instead of the total data, where it now indicates 703 mm is correct. I checked on WL etc, the precipitation was 0.2 mm yesterday morning at 10:00 but the historical page indicates double

https://www.meteocamporamoso.it/pwsWD/index.php

Very good find, it was introduced when the rain values changed from “highest” to “cumulative”
But this is the first rain of a new “empty” year

I changed the station-cron, please test it a few days if there is rain.
The daily rain-field will be updated during the day.
The month / year / all time values for rain are now updated only at the end of the day.

You can change the values for January and 2020 with
https://www.meteocamporamoso.it/pwsWD/PWS_hist_update.php?pw=_your_settings_password_

Wim

PWS_cron_stationcron.php.zip (2.99 KB)

I uploaded the new file and manually edited the values ​​as you told me. At the moment there are no precipitations, but I will keep an eye on it. Actually not even these 0.2 mm recorded are real precipitations but only condensation due to the strong morning humidity. However I will keep an eye on how the template works as always.

Thanks a lot Wim

Thanks Wim for all your help. As you suggested I have registered with Darksky and inserted their API. (www.davidsmartin.net/weather) But now I have even more questions:

(1) The reported temperature on the dashboard does not match what ambIent weather is reporting. Is it getting the temperature from WU or darksky? What do I have to change to use the amIbent weather temperature? The indoor temperature does seem to be coming from a

(2) I am getting NWS alerts from all over the country. Is there a way to limit them to my state (Vermont) or a region? The directions on this issue seem to relate only to Europe and Canada.

(3) In addition to the indoor temperature, ambient weather tracks the garage temperature for me. Can I use the topline box for additional temperatures to report that?

I have not yet changed the password from the one you created so you are free to fix my errors.

David

Why does the max-min small block not have a title in the latest release?

max_min.png

Modified: I selected the first station in your download when I updated your settings this morning. Should have been the seond one.
The CCN consists of the icon and the description text.
I should insert a horizontal row in the next release below that.
The rest of the texts is the 1 hour forecast from either WU or Darksky

The indoor temperature does seem to be coming from a
I will check that later today.
(2) I am getting NWS alerts from all over the country. Is there a way to limit them to my state (Vermont) or a region? The directions on this issue seem to relate only to Europe and Canada.

http://www.davidsmartin.net/weather/nws-alerts/NWS-alerts_read_me.html
The included version is the exact same version you could downloaded from Ken True / Saratoga
I could have modified the NWS scripts to use the dashboard settings, but that would be a maintenance nightmare
You have to check and modify the settings yourself and use the excellent readme.
You can also test the results using the full page NWS Alerts Summary without any interference from the dashboard scripts.

(3) In addition to the indoor temperature, ambient weather tracks the garage temperature for me. Can I use the topline box for additional temperatures to report that?
Yes :D :D you are the first person using ambient with extra sensors I am aware of. I posted requests for those files on the wx-forum. I can now study the upload file and add the extra sensor in the coming period, probably before a March release.
I have not yet changed the password from the one you created so you are free to fix my errors. David
Well i know for sure you can modify all items without any help from me.

Wim

@Wim: I read that to mean the temp in the main temp block?