PWS_Dashboard December release Q&A discussion

The latest update of the PWS_Dashboard is ready for download at https://pwsdashboard.com/

Post your remarks and questions for this release in this topic.

Thanks for your support in this hectic year,

On hold till I find where the strange error @bitsostring found, comes from

I did found the cascading error, still unsure how it was copied from the gold-beta into the release-zip.
The version number of this release should be PWSD_1912. You can check the version at the debug-console PWS_module_test.php,
The heading should read Tests of modules and data for your PWS_Dashboard (version: PWSD_1912)

There were at least 4 downloads of the zip with errors between 15:20:47 and 17:15:27 UTC.
Please discard the zip and re-download the latest version.

=== New
I tried to move all user settings / modifications into the _my_settings folder.
So if you want to test, you should copy and then rename your old pwsWD/w34_settings1.php to the new folder pws??/_my_settings/settings.php

Also you should always run pws??/easyweathersetup.php and save the settings, even if you did not make any changes.

=== update 2019-12-17 12:30 UTC Severe error in stationcron for non-WU users, file still saved in 07-version format
=== update 2019-12-22 10:30 UTC Another error in station-cron, for some weather-programs not all weather values are updated during day-time

Wim

PWS_cron_stationcron.php.zip (2.97 KB)

Wim, should the link not be directed to the December release of the templates rather than the June release?

Oops, just noticed that a new bug was found - where is that information found - I did not read anything on that subjest in the ‘PWS_Dashboard (WD34) Beta releases’ thread?

Sorry, I adapted the first message.
The December release is on hold until I find the strange history values, Leuven Home Weather Station (wf version) of millions om miles / hour for some weather-programs

Will take some time,

Wim

I looked at the dashboard (link you have posted) and cannot find anything relating to ‘millions of miles’ on that web page.

What should I be looking for, in which part of the dashboard - I am going for some sleep but later on when I wake up I will be looking at my two beta templates to find out what could be wrong…

OK, I got it…

Under the ‘History’ option - the wind and the gust… #-o

Might it not be better to limit the number of decimals for the rain, to two?

I just checked my two templates and I do not have any problem with the wind nor the gust (ie: ‘http://tzwd34beta.ddns.net/’)

Error:
Max Wind 56,749,203, km/h

It seems not to occur with the official beta’s.

The error occurs in the final beta 12-gold which was not released public.
It seems to occur only with weather.nets, not with weather-programs.

Wim

Apologies for misposting the problem under July release, didn’t stop to think if it was a beta. . . #-o

First message updated and a new zip available for download,

Wim

Hi Wim
just put the Dec release on my local unit http://ballaugh.no-ip.biz:2082/pwsWD/index.php but have kept the beta running on the same unit http://ballaugh.no-ip.biz:2082/pws11/index.php but I did copy the txt files from pws11 to pwsWD but the wind values showing on the graphs in the Dec release are only about half the values they should be, looking at the txt files (today.txt and 2019.txt) has the same values as shown in the graphs those same files give the correct values in the graphs on pws11
would I be correct in saying that the wind is being saved as m/s in the txt files and not mph, if so the graphs are not converting the values to mph they arrear to be showing the direct value from the txt file with “mph” added.

I just installed 12_16 release. I noticed there is nothing in history. Did I miss something?
:?

https://weatheryyc.com/pws12

No, very good question, still writing more documentation: @ALL

Units
History and your own graph data (formerly SQL) is from now on stored in your default units-setting.
In the past it was stored in your weather-program units. But users which switched weather-program did loose their files that way.
As we are close to a new year it seemed the best solution to change it now as most data will be recreated after January 1.

The history is created on a daily basis by the cron-jobs.
If you have extensive history from another weather-program you van manually set the values pws??/PWS_hist_update.php?pw=your password
Only the “all time” values will be needed the next year.

WeatherUnderground
If you are using WeatherUnderground you can recreate the history pws??/PWS_hist_recreate.php?pw=your password
This script will also load your WeatherUnderground data for all past years.

Wim

See also http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/534512

One can not copy the history and “SQL”.txt files. They would have been replaced with empty files January 1 anyway.
For the remaining days of December it will make no big difference and I simply did not have the spare time to write a conversion script.

Most dashboard users upload to WeatherUnderground and are not affected by this change.

I wrote a conversion script for the chartsmydata/2019.txt file.
Attached a test , it seems to work correct for your clientraw. But I need some more test-files.
It converted the windspeed in knots to windspeed in your default unit mph.
All other items are either in metric or need no conversion.

nr      header          from    to
1       date            n/a     same
2       MAX_outsideTemp c       same
3       MIN_outsideTemp c       same
4       MAX_dewpoint    c       same
5       MIN_dewpoint    c       same
6       MAX_raintoday   mm      same
7       MAX_windgustmph kts     mph
8       MAX_windSpeed   kts     mph
9       MAX_radiation   n/a     same
10      MAX_barometer   hpa     same
11      MIN_barometer   hpa     same
12      SUM_lightning   n/a     same
13      MAX_UV          n/a     same

You will need that converted file for the graphs as they are now for 30 days and 360 days replacing the month and year graphs.
Please test the attached file, I will do more testing and remove the remaining issues.
Wim

cvt-2019.txt.zip (8.38 KB)

Hi Wim
put the file on http://ballaugh.no-ip.biz:2082/pwsWD/index.php but the wind values still too low as I said in my last post the values in the 2019.txt appear to be saved as m/s rather than knots, this I deduced from the 10th dec when the 2019.txt has a value of 35.981 for gust if that is multiplied by 2.236936 I get 80.48 which I actually recorded as 80.5. When I look at todays graph the max gust says 12.35 at 11:21 if that is multiplied by 2.236936 I get 27.6 which is the actual max gust today hope this helps.
The history by the way has the correct value of 27.6
Thanks
Harold

You are right again.
Although the clientraw wind-data is in knots, the data was saved in m/s to get the same valus as with WDapi.
I adapted the convert script for clientraw files. I do not have any 2019.txt files to test with so I need to bother you.

Attached a new conversion result

nr      header          from    to
1       date            n/a     same
2       MAX_outsideTemp c       same
3       MIN_outsideTemp c       same
4       MAX_dewpoint    c       same
5       MIN_dewpoint    c       same
6       MAX_raintoday   mm      same
7       MAX_windgustmph m/s     mph
8       MAX_windSpeed   m/s     mph
9       MAX_radiation   n/a     same
10      MAX_barometer   hpa     same
11      MIN_barometer   hpa     same
12      SUM_lightning   n/a     same
13      MAX_UV          n/a     same

Wim

cvt-2019.txt.zip (8.46 KB)

Hi Wim
have put the new revised 2019.txt on and the 360 and 30 day graphs look ok compared to the beta version

thanks
Harold

Here is mine: https://stillwaterweather.com/pwsWD12/index Thanks for the great work!

Not all the extras work. I assume that is a work in progress, unless I missed some settings.

Tomorrow I would like to pass from the October version to this one. I with the October version, load the data with WL and the graphs are created directly from the template using cronjobs. I have questions .

In the new template the main folder is called pwsWD12 while in October it was called pwsWD … once finished installing and adjusting everything, can I rename the folder so that I don’t have to redo the cronjobs?

The October template creates the graphs for me and then I read the chartsmydata folder, I have the 2019.txt files, then those for the months and today.txt. Can I put these files in the new template ??? Do I have to rename them ??
Thanks in advance

You do not use WeatherUnderground for the graphs.
If you do upload to WU, please switch for the graphs to WU as all scripts work OK now.

If not a WU user: WL.comn uses imperial units (inch, F) and the old graph files use those units. The new grpahs-files use your default units.
You should wait a few days until the conversion program for the graphs-files is tested.

You can rename the folder from pwsWD12 to pwsWD when you are finished testing.
Please start after renaming again easyweather (from the menu).
You do not have to change anything but you have to save => at the bottom the button in the green area.

Test-file:
I attached a converted 2019.txt to test for you with the version from the download.
Unzip, rename to 2019.txt and the output should be identical to your pwsWD/ version.

Please give the url to your sites, makes live easier for me.
I found the old WD34_1907 Zavattarello (PV) IT Home Weather Station (DWL version) but I did not find any new ones.

Wim

DWL-2019.txt.zip (5 KB)

Hi Win

Thanks for your hard work, I have just installed the december version and it looks great .

I have one question. I have an extra temp. sensor I would like to have as my primary sensor. Is there a solution for that?

I’m using Cumulus MX and realtime.txt.

Thanks
Gert

Any template can only show the values in the uploaded file.
The temp values are there in fields specified. Field#2 is temp, Field#26 is Temp-High a.s.o.

Is that not possible with Cumulus itself? I know with Meteobridge and WD? one can set the primary sensor.

Or you could make a copy of the realtime upload-template for Cumulus and change the links to MX and to the sensor you want. you need to specify the FTP upload different then.
https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/Realtime.txt => at the bottom “Recreating the file using webtags”

<#date format=dd/mm/yy> <#timehhmmss> <#temp> <#hum> <#dew> <#wspeed> <#wlatest> <#bearing> <#rrate> <#rfall> <#press> <#currentwdir> <#beaufortnumber> <#windunit> <#tempunitnodeg> <#pressunit> <#rainunit> <#windrun> <#presstrendval> <#rmonth> <#ryear> <#rfallY> <#intemp> <#inhum> <#wchill> <#temptrend> <#tempTH> <#TtempTH> <#tempTL> <#TtempTL> <#windTM> <#TwindTM> <#wgustTM> <#TwgustTM> <#pressTH> <#TpressTH> <#pressTL> <#TpressTL> <#version> <#build> <#wgust> <#heatindex> <#humidex> <#UV> <#ET> <#SolarRad> <#avgbearing> <#rhour> <#forecastnumber> <#isdaylight> <#SensorContactLost> <#wdir> <#cloudbasevalue> <#cloudbaseunit> <#apptemp> <#SunshineHours> <#CurrentSolarMax> <#IsSunny>

Wim