Forum new window

Hi,

I was wandering when i switch from WD main website to the forum after first opening chrome it opens always in a new Window.
Its doing it in both in Chrome windows and chrome Android.
Is it a setting in Chrome i need to change or is it the way the website is designed?

With kind regards.

I use Chrome (Windows and Android) and Firefox (Android) and haven’t seen this behaviour. I usually have loads of tabs open so it would be fairly obvious if the forum was opening a new window for itself, unless it’s something specific to do with just having opened the browser.

I use Chrome/Win and don’t see it either. How are you making the “switch” from WD to WW ?

I see the same. It’s not a browser or forum issue it’s the way that link is coded on the WD website. See this page for a code example.

This page shows the different options for the target attribute.

BTW, that WD link doesn’t open a new Window for me in Chrome or Edge, just a new Tab :?

To be quite honest, I wish that clicking on the Weather Display logo at top right opened the WD website in a new tab as well. . . it annoys me that it overwrites the Forum.

Have you tried right clicking the logo and select the option to open the link in new tab as a workaround?

Yes, but I often forget :slight_smile: