Strange temperature readings on Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Hi,

I have a Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus and since a few days the outside temperature shows a negative result (we are on the equator in the North of Brazil). But this only when there is a lot of wind. I just changed the battery but this did not resolve it.
Has anyone experienced the same before or knows how to fix it?
Here is the link to the station which updates automatically every 5 minutes:
http://www.cumbuco-oceanview.com/weather/
Normally the temperature shows a green line but now it shows bars.

Thank you kindly.

Cheers
Scirocco

Best guess…you have a loose connection in the ISS associated with the temp sensor. Since it only happens when windy is a clue…

Thank you.
All contacts are good and that didn’t resolve it.
Any other tips?

Do you see the same negative values on the VP2 console also or just within WD?

Looking at your graph it appears the temp sensor reports a very low reading, but only when the wind is above 5 mph. Once the wind dropped below 5 mph the graph is clean. Did you inspect the wiring all the way to the sensor itself? Any signs of bug or water inside the ISS housing?

Is your ISS cabled to the console (not wireless)? I have experienced strange readings when water compromised the cable between the ISS and console.

Does Davis Weatherlink show the same problem? I recommend when troubleshooting Davis units to use Weatherlink to rule out a software issue.

Thank you two for your hints.
I’m currently overseas and my staff checked the connections. They don’t have access to my station, so I will check it on my return.
The ISS is connected wireless to the station.

Cheers
Scirocco