Is there a way to set WD to reboot every 24 hours or so?

For the last week WD has stopped uploading to my site between 1am and 3am. Rebooting WD solves the problem.
Is there a way to schedule a reboot of WD automatically?

Rick

www.MohawkValleyWeather.com

Hi,
yes - control panel > FTP & connections/METAR/NOAA > reboot/restart/exit (tab)
you can set a time and days of the week for a restart of WD there

Thank you very much for that info!

Rick

I have it set to do that. No issues with it. It shuts down all parts of WD and restarts it. Reconnects to VVP too.

Recently my reliable old computer has been doing the same. I see the “offline” show up on Fresh WDL and Meteotemplate, which are fed by WD data, and have to truck down to the basement and reboot. Solves the problem for a day or a week then it happens again. This is after sometimes months online without a hitch.

I’d like to know why Win 7 or whatever process is in control shuts down the previously happy configuration.

While rebooting solves my problem too (for awhile at least), does anyone have a clue as to what is going on?

I have my Windows updates to not automatically install and restart, so I’d hope that would take care of it, but it must be something else.

chief-david:

How long does the process take on your computer? Is there more than a minute or two of downtime? Clearly better than when it is off for half a day, but trying to figure out what the best time is to shut down and power up.
Dale

I think I have it set for 2 minutes. 9:15am every day. It is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Mine is set to reboot the computer at 0:27 , wddelay runs and starts WD 75 seconds after as win10 changed something and it was not connecting to the Davis and would hang there…