Help/guidance to build own weather website

That’s a good start. Look for the file ftplogfull.txt on the PC in the wdisplay folder, post it here.

Yes i see t heyre updated every 5 minutes.

Heres the ftplogfull.txt file:

list of files uploaded*

actual messages from upload session*
Start Time/date:21:55:11 13-9-2019
Permanent connection selected
Permanent connection, will do ftp now
Finshed email agenda
Finshed email agenda, and more Internet agenda items to do…
Weather Display FTP/Internet vers 9.06
Time/date:21:55:13 13-9-2019
Logging onto FTP server…ftp://home.kpn.nl
11001: [11001] Host not found
Aprs error count= 1
Trying next server
Connecting to FTP server.
102: The RemoteHost address is invalid (0.0.0.0).
Doing abort procedure/program close…

Change ftp://home.kpn.nl to home.kpn.nl on the WD connections page.

Previous post updated.

Now a list is shown with gif htm and html files in plain text.
When i click on for example a gif file, a pic is shown.

Do you have an index.htm uploading?

Yes, when i click on it and its been saved, i can open it , but its missing some pics.

Not all graphics are created every time, you will need to wait, maybe overnight, for everything to get updated. Delete index.html using filezilla and your homepage should default to index.htm

Thanks alot Nico for helping me, much appreciated​:+1::+1::+1:
Ill keep an eye on the files being uploaded ok.

I forgot to ask.
When i go to my homepage, i have to fill the username and password.
How can i have others to see my homepage without having to use my username and password?

That may be a question for your ISP, the files may be uploading to the wrong location. What URL are you using for the homepage?

That’s the ftp server address that all the kpn users use. You need the web server address which will be specific to your account, so it will have a username or usercode in the actual address.

WD ftp uploads are done via a separate program and so WD should not be pausing like that
what speed cpu, how much memory?

The clock in WD will pause while processing files such as logs, data and webpages/images for upload, then will commence again.
I get a 2 second pause every minute, and an 8 second pause every 10 minutes when all my webfiles are being updated, my PC is old but quite fast. I have seen WD running on a slow PC and the pause was more than 20 seconds when updating webfiles.
It is normal behaviour in WD.

You can’t do that with simple html. You can use one of the third party weather templates which use AJAX programming to update the data on the page without reloading the whole page.

here is my ajax web page, updated auto via the clientraw file
http://www.weather-display.com/windy/wx2.html

Remind me what weather station you have.

I built my site with no coding experience at all.
I’m using the Saratoga Script, which is very user friendly.

Rick

www.MohawkValleyWeather.com

Great job Rick! I’m in the same situation - no experience with coding, etc. I have a GoDaddy acct and Linuix / domain. Did you simply build following the setup wizard or how did you start?? I’m at square 1!! Pointers??

It’s been so long since I put my site up (2015) that my memory fails me.
I remember a lot of trial & error. You’ll need an editor. Personally I use Notepad.
As I said before, the Saratoga script walked me through the process quite nicely.

Rick

www.MohawkValleyWeather.com