New Setup on the way

My present Dell Latitude D820 has done a good job for the last number of years but the fan is constantly running, so, I sprung for a Davis USB WeatherLogger to replace my Serial one in my Weather Envoy and also a Lenovo ThinkPad T450 14in Laptop, Core i5-5300U with an SSD. Not sure how seamless the switchover will be. Has the procedure changed in what files to copy over? Will me new laptop pickup the logger automatically or will I need to go into any settings?

there is a FAQ on how to transfer WD to a new pc
you will need to first install the silican labs USB driver for the Davis usb data logger

This must be the driver you

yes

Will all my website settings, etc. carry over as well?

yes
if you follow the FAQ

My Davis USB Data Logger arrived today. Before I start switching it over, can any Davis users chime in here? Do I need to install WeatherLink and go through its setup or can I just use WeatherDisplay? Also, according to this in the WD FAQ, I may need to assign a different port?

“Note: If the weather-station is connected to a different port than it was on the old PC you will have to change the port assigned in WD.”

I’m thinking I should just follow the basic instructions in the FAQ (http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/10888) and see what might be array after booting everything up.

if you install the latest silicon labs usb driver then you dont need to install weatherlink
if you do install weatherlink then make sure to set to serial mode and not usb mode

windows device manager will show the com port number that you will need to set in WD to use

Already installed WeatherLink. Is there no need to install the Silicon Labs USB Driver?

if weatherlink works (as virtual usb to serial mode) then no need

Ok. Thanks.

Before installing WD, would there be any need to fire up WeatherLink first to make sure the logger is recognized?

Ok. I followed the FAQ instructions to a T… don’t seem to be getting any data. Do I need to configure something?
Update: Just switched from Com Port 1 to Com Port 3 (available). Seems to be getting data.

Data is coming in. My website is not updating. I went back and looked at all the Internet settings on my old PC and transferred much of the settings there (I thought that was automatic in the copying of all the files). Internet switch is on but no data is being uploaded. What else do I look for?

www.goosebayweather.com

Did you follow the section of the FAQ that mentions executing the wdisplayftp.reg file? That’s how the FTP and other settings are transferred to the new installation.

Bummer. Not to the T I guess.
Just did that and I tested the upload all and it has uploaded. Just need to see it do it all on its own.

All is good.

Alright! :smiley: