WeatherFlow station

https://smile.amazon.com/WeatherFlow-telemetry-Lightning-Underground-Connection/dp/B07P4M24SJ/ref=sr_1_76?keywords=weather+station&qid=1568109125&s=gateway&sr=8-76

This has been advertising heavily on Facebook, and their claims seem incredible given the price. I paid 4 times as much for my Davis Pro2 Plus and it does not have lightening detection, wifi, auto calibration, learning forecast, etc… I had a bloomsky which is similar and was crap that stopped working after 6 months.

WeatherFlow Smart Home Weather Station with WiFi hub, Wireless telemetry, Lightning alerts, Solar Panel, and Weather Underground Connection.
The most advanced home weather station on the market at any price.
Revolutionary design: no-moving parts to wear out, precision sonic anemometer, instantaneous haptic rain sensor
Solar powered, super long-range outdoor wireless sensors (1000+ ft), incredibly simple to install
Instantly online: free iOS and Android apps, free personal weather webpage, direct link to Weather Underground. REST API plus UDP and BLE local broadcast.
Daily auto-calibration powered by Artificial Intelligence algorithms means your weather station is always in perfect tune.

Features include:

Haptic rain sensor alerts you when the first rain drops fall.
Precision sonic anemometer measures the slightest breeze up to hurricane force winds.
Lightning detector alerts you when storms are approaching.
UV, Brightness and solar radiation sensors.
Daily auto-calibration keeps sensors perfectly tuned
Continuous Learning system improves forecasts at your house
REST API and local data access via UDP and BLE
Direct integration with Weather Underground
Free iOS and Android apps
Free personal weather webpage
Included in the Smart Weather Network
Complete station includes: AIR & SKY sensor devices, Hub & USB power cable, Solar power accessory for SKY.

they are good, I have a couple in use here (at different locations)
having a second windspeed/rain sensor, set at ground level, to record rain, is a good idea
the new solar recharge battery is real nice too

Not thrilled with the rain sensor…it misses a lot of rain that my Davis Vue reports. We get a lot of drizzle here and the tipping bucket does a much better job of measuring it than the haptic sensor. Jury is still out on the lightning detector…rare to get any here or near here so until we do I can’t say how well it works.

You can compare my stations and see how they compare…

Davis Vue - ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND

Weatherflow - ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND

Edit:

Happy to report that the lightning sensor is working. It only gives distance, no direction, but I compared with the lightning map as shown in the attachment and checked the distances on the map to what WF reported and I found them to be relatively accurate. I think the WF was reporting the strikes a little closer than what the map shows…ie. map showed 8 miles and WF said 6 miles.

The rain sensor on the Bloomsky had false positivities saying it was raining when it was not and never was good at measuring uses a similar system. I bought a bloom storm which uses a tipping bucket just before the sky quit working and the storm is dependent on the sky to work…