McMahon GFS data

I’ve had a report of Chris’s GFS data not downloading, and just tried that myself, and also couldn’t get it. Anybody else seen this? Chris, if you see this, let me know if you’re aware of any issues with your server. I’ll also try to contact you directly about it. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Tom

I just tried it and yes it fails, looks like it cannot find the server.

Stuart

I just replied to your email Tom. I’ll investigate and see if I can find any problems.

I think I found the problem. A DNS entry got missed during the implementation of Cloudflare. I’ve added it back now so hopefully the data will start to flow again.

I just tried this and it’s working again now for me.

Stuart

Not working for me

It will be once the DNS changes have fully propagated to all servers, could take 12-24 hours to fully make it all the way found.

Stuart

Working again for me now - thanks Chris!

Tom

still not working for me this is the error im getting if its the same problem

That’s not the issue here. The failure was wxsimate failing to find the McMahon server. What you have is a settings issue. Try following the message instructions and see if you can fix it. If not start a new thread.

Stuart

It doesn’t work for me either.

Can you confirm what error message you are seeing. The error here should be server not being found.

Stuart

Remote server failure(404)
Thank you for the help

Can you access the server from a web browser or console and ping it? Its been working for me since Chris made the dns update.

Stuart

Thank you very much, Stuart, but I don’t know how to do it. I’ll wait patiently for Chris to fix it.

The issue here is that Chris has fixed it! There is a problem with the DNS servers you are using which is why it does not work for you. You need to find someone locally to you to help with this.

Stuart

I hope to solve this problem that still happens in several Spanish stations.
Thanks for the help, Stuart.

Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Are you talking about the same problem referred to here, with the McMahon site not responding? Please describe - or remind me! :slight_smile:

Tom

Hi Tom
It’s the same problem. It cannot find the information (error 404) and goes by all options.
It only accesses FSU, GFS advention and ozone. The rest (Synop, GFS, Raob): “None of first three XXX sources are avalaible at the moment”
Ping from Albany is correct
Thanks Tom

Fernando

Chris is having an issue with his server today which he is looking into but does appear to have impacted on the gfs data as wxsim failed to run gave runtime error 5 while trying to access gfs data have switched to bolher for now