Stand alone rain gauge

Yes. I just did a reset on the sensor (pulled battery) and GW1000 (unplugged from USB) per ecowitt instructions. Lucky me it just started raining!! I now appears to be recording in the app. Updated screenshot attached

and so does the WD cron program see the rain data values correct now?

How can I tell? I disabled the setting to enable Ecowitt GW1000 since I thought I can only do one or the other (GW1000 or WMR 200). Also each time I enabled it I got very odd data. Winds over 124mph, 258 inches of rain!

you would need to run the crongw1000.exe program (with WD not set to use that)
and see what shows in that program for rain data now that you have the GW1000 actaully set to get the rain data

So I found that and ran it and it still pulled in some crazy data. See attached. I have no idea where it is coming from

its only reporting what is in the raw data
which is NULL data (i.e 255 values)

I suspect that to get just rain data from just a rain sensor then a different API command is needed to be used

Is that something I need to do? Find? Sorry…limited techie here

its not something you can do
I would need to get a test version to you to try and test

The WH40 if present on the GW1000 takes over for rain data automatically. This also goes for the other separate sensors that replace those found on the all-in-one sensor array. This means all the first 4 listed in the WS View app Sensors ID listed after the all-in-one. Therefore same API is used. The change happens all within the GW1000. The API just outputs the data exactly the same.

Therefore if you have an all-in-one sensor array and you add a WH40 then the rain data you see will be that from the WH40 and you will not be able to see the rain gauge from the all-in-one, but the other sensors on the all-in-one will continue to report just fine.

What is possibly happening is if WD is reading in the API data based on position instead of by matching ID then a GW1000 with a different sensor setup may send API data in different grouping order. This is just a guess since I haven’t looked at it that closely. I’m not certain if the order is maintained with different sensor setup. I’m also not sure if the method WD is using to read in data is based on position or by ID.

I don’t expect anyone to know what I’m talking about. All this is intended for Brian.

it could be that the data order is out as I only use the sensor ID for the extra temp/hum sensors

I think that is what the problem is, looking at the raw data
the rain data starts with the ID 16 , then 17 and 18 for the next lot of data
So I could use that ID
I will need a copy of the raw data knight
you will need to use this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/crongw1000.zip
and extract that to where you have WD installed and run that then email me the raw data file produced gw1000.txt and what the rain amounts should be

I will do this later today when I get home from work! Thanks

sent email Brian.

You have been very unlucky. Mine is just coming up for 4 years with no problem (touch wood!), despite being modified with 200 mm funnel (0.25 mm tip) so it shifts four times the usual amount of water.

But I must admit that I recently bought a spare :slight_smile:

Hi

use this update

http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/crongw1000.zip

i.e unzip to where you have WD installed (when the crongw100 program is not running)

then run this update…it should then show correct rain totals in the program

did that and still seems to be pulling in data that is way off. see screen shot

for whatever reason (maybe cache) you do not have the latest version (the latest version is version 1.7)
try downloading again

In the following previous post of this thread I posted some information that has now changed.

https://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php?topic=68407.msg550207#msg550207

The Ecowitt WH40 is no longer compatible with the Ambient WS-2000. This was always a risk that this loophole would be closed by a future firmware update.

I would like to edit the post but it seems that the forum settings do not permit such an old post to be edited.