PWS_Dashboard (WD34) Beta releases

We had some rain today. .04" for the day but rain was over hours ago and last hours rain has .04"
Yesterday we had .08" but the .04" wasn’t added to months total yet.
https://www.shermanctweather.org/pws09/index.php

I thought that the history showed the highest daily values not totals

That is correct.
The highest value recorded on a day in the month, year or all-time
Wim

Don’t work last hour precipitation for WeatherFlow station.

Thanks for bringing this error to my attention.
Updated script attached
Wim

w34_livedata.php.zip (9.63 KB)

I don’t know if you have spotted it, but your ‘radar’ link in the rainfall block has gone behind the footer because of too many items.

Thanks for noticing that.
Tom

Is adapted in the next beta, Leuven Home Weather Station (wf version)

Wim

Beta version September 12 ready for download.
The “combined” javascripts are now separated in individual scripts and I included the latest versions.
Also the naming of .js and .css is consistent.

But I need to change the definition of the dates in the graph-script, so there are no date times in the graphs for now.

===

No end to the problems with WU. The .CSV are still prone to errors/missing data. But the API also has its faults.
For the October release, I consider to leave the WU-graph data as it is for now.
I have tested multiple solutions so as soon as WU is ready, I can put the most fitting ones into an extra update.

Wim

Hello
new beta release 1909c installed …
for my two templates as shown No data for the charts! normal ?
because i see on your link that the graphs are still OK (=> data from our weatherstation) …

Regards fto

I really hope you understand that this is a beta version of the scripts. therefore not suitable for production websites.

FRENCH: J’esp

re_
naturally, rest assured I understand the purpose of the beta versions and yes likely improvements for a stable version !
the old version worked without worry

i had also read your post of 12 September for the bug reporting data on the charts :oops:

the url link is this postponed in your post “Reply # 13”
it is the same beta version ?

https://pwsdashboard.com/pwsWD/w34_graph_xx.php?period=day&type=temp
the definition of the dates in your graphs are here very visible ?! it was the object of my interrogation simply :wink:

Thnx and Regards fto

I added an update to remove the error (not showing date and values) in the popup’s
Also added translation for the popups
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/531197
Wim

:smiley: :smiley:
Thanks, got it working

Wim,
Using the Sept 12 Beta. All seem to be fine. However I am using METAR for the current condition source. It is missing a few of the Wx Descriptor Icons. Namely today FU and I am sure SS in the future. These are probably not common other places. Is there a way for me to add these and where?

This is a beta to test with. I have to add those CCN to the script.
Can you please post the link to your website as the only link i found s-p.me/wxsim has an old version.

If the settings are the same:
KPRC airport and METAR
131953Z COR VRB05KT 10SM FU CLR 31/02 A3022 RMK AO2 SLP152 T03060017
I need the airport code so i can get a correct text version of the METAR.
I copied the metar files from your site.

As far as I can see the “FU” is translated and “SS” is translated
There should have been the word smoke

I will test in my daytime tomorrow, why it did not translate correctly.
Wim

Wim,
Thank you for your reply and sorry about the missing link. The URL is s-p.me/wxsin-beta
The Airport META is KPRC and the line you have was the correct one. I still time the SQL version as the main one. The icon that was displayed was a red mountain peak with a exclamation point inside and no " Smoke" indication. In the Southwest we have unfortunately a lot of forest fires this time a year and this morning we were in heavy smoke obscuration. A fog or haze symbol would be fine with “smoke” caption.
Thanks for your dedication.

these date/times do not fit
Also, they are AM/PM when the rest are 24hour

https://weatheryyc.com/pwsWD

Capture.PNG

When I tested with your METAR file from yesterday it was indeed the vulcano-icon. Both FF and SS would give that condition.
The text beside the icon showed “Smoke” as that comes from the checkwx.com data as stored in jsondata/metar34.txt
To check the contents of any file, use the debug-console or directly with http://release230/pwsWD/w34_listfile.php?file=./jsondata/metar34.txt&type=json

[conditions] => Array ( 
     [0] => Array  (

=> FU
[text] => Smoke )
)

I changed the icon for the FU and SS to the dust /sandstorm icon. 
Attached a new test-version of the script. I think it is acceptable for most users.
In the official release you can change all condition=>icon translations in the metar_load_funct.php script. 
But during beta test I want to update the scripts so that all users can benefit.

Thanks for testing this. I live in a "nearly always calm" weather area without any of those seldom used codes.

Wim

---

![smoke.jpg|750x629](upload://odpwrHfuv8jM3XFviPvzzzz2ZGO.jpeg)

[metar_load_funct.php.zip|attachment](upload://41TXyicNKLwukVxrbeOLxFhnh1y.zip) (3.9 KB)

I tried to check the graphs at https://weatheryyc.com/pwsWD/w34_graph_xx.php?period=year&type=temp
But there is no data for the graph-scripts. Iit is also the version without localisation.
Could you install the update from PWS_Dashboard (WD34) Beta releases - #2 by pwsdashboard - PWS Dashboard 2012 - Weather-Watch Forum ?
I can then check which items do not fit.

Also, they are AM/PM when the rest are 24hour
N.E. Calgary, AB Home Weather Station (wd version)

I can not replicate that with my testsite. But that seems a bigger problem when I understand you correctly.
For the graphs, the translation of the date-names and time-formats are done by a javascript locales.js which can accept full language id’s such as “en-ca”
And locales.js is integrated in moment.js and that script seems to only accept a language code, ‘en’
Maybe I have to abandon the javascript altogether and do it in php.

I am of the grid from next Tuesday I should have ample time to find a solution then. Will be back with this end of the month.

Wim