Updating WD

I have been using WD version 10.37 build 61 for several years now, but recently I had occasion to require the file dailydatalog.txt to be uploaded to my website. According to all the settings this should happen automatically with the settings I have, but the version of dailydatalog.txt in my website dated back to some time in 2017. I realised that I updated WD round about that time, so I had a look at the forum for any problems with that file.
Sure enough there were some queries round about Dec 2018 where others had the same problem, of that file not being uploaded and it was solved by Brian, I think by sending a zip update to the person concerned. So I assumed that all later versions of WD would have that problem solved. So I downloaded the latest version 10.37 build 100 and set it running. I didn’t have time to test whether the dailydatalog.txt file was being uploaded (perhaps it was) because something immediately went wrong with the temperature readings on the WD screen and those which went to my website. The maximum temperature warning light on WD came on in red and flashing and the reading it gave followed the actual temperature reading at the time, rather than the maximum value (and it continued to flash). Also the minimum temperature reading was wrong (it read -4.7deg C rather than the correct value which was 12.4 deg. Also the time at which the minimum temperature was at the minimum value was missing.
I tried to correct the minimum temperature by going to Action/Reset/Set Daily Extreme Values/Storm Rain and adjusting the values to be correct. But this did not work.

So the only solution known to me was to re-install the previous version of WD i.e version 10.37 build 61. The maximum temperature came right after doing that and I was able to correct the minimum temperature reading by using the Action/Reset… described above which worked this time.
I am puzzled by this behaviour and don’t know what to do about it. Any suggestions?

what weather station type?

Sorry not to have given you that. It’s stationless.

Ralph1

Hi
how do you mean?
how and where are you getting the data from into WD?

The technique I use is to write my own version of clientraw.txt to a file (using VB) containing all my meteorological data and I set the FTP & Connections/Client/Server TCP/IP Setup correctly so WD gets all the data (and actually creates its own clientraw.txt file). This system was originally suggested to me by Niko many years ago and has worked faultlessly ever since. If there is anything wrong with my clientraw.txt file then the system soon lets me know.
I use an Instromet system for most parameters though my temperatures and humidity are generated by a routine using a Labjack U3-LV and a Sirion SHT31-A device and that works very well.
I am wondering if the problem was caused by corruption of one of the files while loading the new download file wdisplay32.exe which seems to be massive. Maybe I should try reloading the file again?

Ralph1

do you mean you have WD set to client mode then? (check in the ftp/internet setup, client /server setup)
also check for any error under view, program event log