The Joke of the Day

[size=83]A federal program says you should keep your home above 78 degrees

(CNN)A federal program recommends people keep their homes between 78 and 85 degrees, and the internet is freaking out.
The guidelines come from Energy Star, a government-backed program to promote energy efficiency, and they’ve sparked a fiery debate on social media.
The program suggests different settings to automate at various times: 78 degrees when you wake up, 85 degrees during the day and 82 degrees when you’re sleeping.[/size]

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/20/health/thermostat-recommendations-energy-star-trnd/index.html

It’s ridiculous to suggest a single set of temperatures can be optimum for all U.S. climate regions :roll:

What a crock…

78F in the summer here would be ugly. It is not enough to get the humidity out of the house. Mold sets in…you get the idea.

78F in the winter is a wallet killer. I rarely set it more than 72F in the winter.

We have days when 78 is not even good at two parts of the day. Many days I drive to work with the heater on and drive home with the AC on. Minnesota.

These people have no clue.

I agree. I would say those folks at Energy Star have either been smoking too much weed or drinking their lunch too much.

Agreed!
At the moment, with midday temps in the mid to upper 30s, our aircons are set at 29

Energy star should still get deep into research. :x