Max average windspeed

Hi,

I cant remember since which WD build it started, but the max average windspeed in the all time records screen is showing the max windspeed instead of the average…
See pics attached from todays data.
Latest build, CR1000

With kindest regards.

Hi,

I hope your mother is improving?

Regarding the subject:
Is there any insight as to what is causing it?

With the kindest regards.

looking at the source code I can not see why or how this has happened
the average windspeed value is used for that all time record and not the gust (current) windspeed value

There really is something wrong.
I have reset the max average value and the current average speed is 0.6. But in the all time records screen its 0 because theres no wind currently. So it doesnt use the actual max avg speed but the actual max (currently 0) speed…

if you happen to have set to use 10 minute average windspeed for the average windspeed that it will use that value
otherwise its the average windspeed
i have not seen any other report of this problem

Thats probably because not so many people/nobody have it setup like i have, running along with Loggernet :smiley:

…ive checked the setting and im sure its setup ok.
So it really has to be something within WD IMO.

The max windspeed is seen by WD as max average windspeed…

I suspected that you were using that setting
its because of that setting you are seeing what you are seeing

Ok, so whats the right setting to use?

I presume it isnt possible to have the 10 min avg and use max avg with a one minute update mainscreen data/graphs regarding your last post?

what I would do is unset those settings to see if that fixes it, so as to narrow down where the problem is
not sure what you mean by with a 1 minute update main screen data/graphs?

When i uncheck these settings the average windspeed in the mainscreen field is the same as the current live windspeed.

Hi Brian,

Is it possible you can look into this and the mail i send you when time allows ?

Hi Brian,

Regarding my email, do i first have to make a donation?
Its not very clear to me.

When i uncheck these settings the average windspeed in the mainscreen field is the same as the current live windspeed.
i suspect that is root of the problem and I will check on how you have the data reading settings set in WD for the data position for gust (current) compared to average windspeed etc