WD .99 crashing

Website should update Automatically every 10 Minutes, last update: 2:05 PM 8/18/2019, next update: 12:00 am
by Weather Display v10.37S b99

Around noon I was in the control panel fixing some file names in the FTP that were not working, the control panel stopped responding. I had to close the program. Since then it keeps crashing I think when it goes to FTP. Then watchdog restarts it and it sits there waiting to down the the data from the viploger. Close it again, wait a few minutes and reopen, it downloads the logger and uploaded files once before it crashed again and restated this process… The index.html page says next update 12 am…

Trying to download the full version of WD99 but it say it’s going to take 2 hours…

sounds like your ftp settings might be all messed up
you could start over with those settings

temp panel also super sized again, always does this after an update or problem. I checked the setting I changed, they seem ok. What files do i need to delet or fix?

What files do you want me to send you? It is pretty much down until this is fixed. It will not run more than 10 minutes with out crashing and watch dog restarts it then it hangs on data download until it is closed manually. I have installed the full latest version, looked at the .ini files, the ftp settings (far too many in different menus), tried turning off ftp and using my ftp program. I still crashes about ever ten minutes.

FAQ

Thank you, email sent

About ready to find another Weather Station program I’ve tried everything I can think of including uninstalling it and reinstalling it Still it starts, downloads the vip logger, sit there there a few minutes then says it is not responding , watch dog closes it and restarts then it tries to download the logger but doesn’t and sits there until I manually close it and restart it. Then it does it all over again. It isn’t even updating the webfiles so I can upload it with my FTP program. This started a week ago when it crashed while I was making changes in the control panel to some file name.s It FREQUENTLY does not respond when in any of the settings but froze complely up and has not worked right since. My website has been randomly updated but mostly not at all since last Sunday.

I have been replying to your emails…

you did not reply to the last one

its Sunday here, and spending
Time with family
You might have a corrupted image file
I would try deleting any image files
Eg in the webfiles folder
Uninstalling does nothing, you need to delete the
Settings file wdisplay.ini,when WD is not running
To reset settings
As well as what I emailed you

I have tried ALL those things and more and it still is not working

I have emailed you

via remote access:

you had a lot of files being updating every 10 minutes

and some of the data only changes once a day

and so does not need updating that often

and so WD had so many files to update, it was taking so long, that watch dog thought it had crashed and so would restart it

( i have stopped watchdog running)

also i have spread out some of the file updating times

there is probably some files you do not need updating

you have a lot of special custom conversion files, including some that look like VWS template files

are you sure you need all those set to be parsed by WD?

Thank you! It is updating now. Though I can’t get it to update Personal Weather https://www.pwsweather.com/stationlist.php and had to fiddle with it to get to update the forecasticon.gif and had to change the ftp public_html/weather/ is correct it is a unix server, I was not uploading or trying to until I made some changes.

The custom files are my webpages and I like the vws convention of file.htx source file.html produced page. having the file being both at once tend to be a problem. And yes I do use index, details, house, tags, metar are all my custom pages, I had even more under vws which would produce a .html page in the upload directory which it uploaded every thing in the directory, from any .htx file in the folder it had them in which I can not remember its name now and to an old DOS guy they are still directories to me. With out all the wxxxx.htm hassles. I would have stuck with vws, it was MUCH simpler to understand and use than WD is but it would not run under win10 reliably and ambient did not seem to be interested in fixing it and had not updated it in a few years…

You actively support and update WD which is why I chose it, though it was/is a massive learning curve from VWS, very different programs.

Yes I could do with out a lot of the image files, for instance I do not use any of the many rain gauge images WD produces but can not find any place to turn them off. I have turned off the ones I know I don’t need energy and a couple others.

But WD was set up the way it was for all this time, 20 months I think and it was not a problem until 10 days ago… And I had b99 installed for a week or more before it became a problem after it crashed while in the control panel.