Weather Display wont start after Power Failure

We had a power blackout last night and now WD wont start. I have rebooted the computer and reinstalled a fresh download of full WD and still no joy. Starts to fire up and shows loading graph form Vers 10.37S build 99 then nothing happens. Any clues on how to fix this?

FAQ may help.

Hi Niko,

Looked at that previously and have already tried using the WDISPLAY.ini file and wdisplayftp from my backup location. No joy.

Do you have a USB weatherlink? Can you see it in the Device Manager Ports listing?

Niko,

Had to go out this morning back now. The computer detects my weather station. I can see it using Davis WeatherLink. So I know everything is working that end.

The WD software just will not run. Do you think I should completely uninstall it using Control Panel and reinstall?

I have added a screen capture of how far the process goes when I try to start up WD. Goes as far as the attached pix then nothing. Have checked also to ensure that nothing is running in background hidden - nothing. Any suggestions?

start.JPG

I have got it working again. I still had build 81 in the computer and it ran. Ran it for a few minutes, then closed it down. Reloaded the config and ini files into the WD directory and then ran build 99 again and it fired up. Why is it working now? No idea.

sounds like something got corrupted but the old version was able to run over that bump better and smooth it out for the latest version
good trick that one 8O

I have had i happen to me a few times, go into web-files folder & try & open any “GIF/JEPG’s” if you find one that you cannot open that will be the one, also check/delete any web-cam images, like Brian says it’s a corrupted file some where.

teal.