Free - Davis VP2 - 100% operational

Background
I have a Davis VP2 that I used for several years, we moved a couple of years ago and it got packed up and never unpacked until a couple of weeks ago. I figured I would just plug everything back in and fire up my computer & be in business. The VP2 worked like champ and was sending data from all sensors to the console. The problem I had was between the console and WD - I knew given enough time and getting myself familiar with the WD again I could get it going. Then I was having issues with the computer it was getting very old. So I was looking at a new computer dedicated to a weather station. Adding up the time and cost for a new computer I decided the VP2 should get a new home and I was buying a new weather station that could connect directly to web weather services.

Offer
I don’t want to pack & ship the unit - I want to give it to someone in the Dallas / Fort Worth USA area who wants to get started with a weather station or will want spare parts for their VP2. This is just the Davis VP2 & console with the cable connecting the serial to a USB.

Respond here that you live in the DFW area and why I should give you my system :). We can meet near my home in Flower Mound for the hand off.

What if someone will pay the shipping?

If I don’t get any local takers I would be open to someone paying the packaging & shipping

VP2’s are a pain to pack properly, especially the assembled anemometer/vane. :frowning: Round trip SEATAC / DFW $113 on Spirit. Probably cheaper :lol:

I don’t fly… lol

Is it still available?

Is it still available?