WD incoming Data frozen in time

I just noticed that at exactly 12:24PM on 17 July 2019, all my data froze at whatever it had been registering at the time. Data is transmitting to Weather Underground just fine. Weather Display (WD) is receiving some sort of data, but not the weather data. Once I got the program initially up and running, I have not changed anything. I am on WD V10.37S build 81, purchased 28 August 2018. Ambient Weather Station WS-2902A, Windows 7. What can I do to fix this? Thanks! bgoldenjr

Update: Here’s a link to my Weather Underground Weather Station page, so you can see data is being reported.

Hi
is it a WH1081 type station that you have selected in WD?
what shows under view, debug info?

I have attached a screen shot of my Station Selection as well as the raw data file at time of error.

This is my Debug Info:

Doing checking of time zone calculation
Daylight saving in use
Loaded all time records
Daylight saving in use
Normal daily resetting wind/temperature daily value , day: 15
Normal daily resetting rain daily value , day: 15 rain today 0.0 mm
Daylight saving in use
Daylight saving in use
Connection failed com port 1

ah, i see you have it set to get data from ambienteather.net

see what shows in the separate running cronambientweathernet.exe program

I am not able to locate cronambientweathernet.exe. Is it in the program installation folder on my computer or something I download from Weather-Display.com?

I didn’t think about this earlier, but AmbientWeather.net is receiving correct data as well. Is the problem that I am trying to load data from AmbientWeather.net when I should be loading it directly from the weather station?

the problem is the missing cronambientweathernet.exe is missing on your pc
your antivirus program might have deleted it
download and re install WD (full install)
(exit WD first)

Just downloaded and installed fresh copy of Weather Display from WD website. Am now running version 10.37S build 99. I ran the stand-alone program, cronambientweathernet.exe, both default and as administrator, and receive no screen, no error message, nothing.

I have attached current Data Log File. You’ll see some of the data zeroed our at hour 21, min 8. That’s where I shut the program down and did the reinstall. Program still does not report data from weather station.

you should see something in the cronambientweathernet program
after a little while of running (some sort of status message)

email me your ambientweather.net api access and I will test here

Problem Solved! Ambient changed my API and I did not realize it. Once I replaced with new API, data started flowing. Is there any way to get the missing data?

Less learned is to check Weather Display all the time. :slight_smile:

you can set to have the data logger switch on under control panel, data logger
and then set the time/date to get the data from
but only the last 24 hours can be get back
but you also would need to delete the flat line data from the logfile, and then after the catch up, convert the updated log file to data file (and to last 31 days data file)…see under action, import logfiles…convert WD logfiles

Hmmmm…if I can’t go back to 17 July 2019, it probably isn’t worth the effort to go back just 24 hours. I was wanting to maintain some continuity, but I guess I can just live with the data gap. Thanks for the suggestion, though! :slight_smile:

Also, for whatever reason, cronambientweathernet.exe, does not perform any visible function when I run it. Even ran it as Administrator. OS is Windows 7 on an HP desktop computer.

it should show in the window of the running program the raw data