Data recording freeze while WD prepares for uploads missing station data

Hi.

While WD is preparing for upload to the web, it misses data recording for approximately the first 45-50 seconds of every minute. :frowning:

This behaviour was present on my Windows 7 install, but I just moved to a new completely fresh Windows 10 setup, and the problem is even worse now.

It seems to take a good long while (45+ seconds) to build whatever it needs to build to update to the web, and all the while, there is no parallel process capturing the data. Then it records data every second until it reaches :00 seconds, and then repeat.

I had this issue to a much lesser extent earlier when I was using a LaCrosse 2000 station hooked up by cable (maybe a few seconds lost or maybe even recovered). The setup I have now is a built in meteobridge nano in my Davis VP2 station.

Issue can be seen here in this video - please note that every time the secs get to :00, the data capture stops, and they are not captured in the background either.

So, I have the follolwing questions and considerations.

a) Can this be fixed, so that WD just captures data every second like normal?
b) Is it possible to have WD multithread, so a background task can be reserved for data capture without being impacted by other things in the application?
c) Is any rain that would be recorded by the Davis station while WD is “on pause” lost, or is it visible in the dataset from then next time it connects (I belive it is lost as are other data like wind)?

And just for reference: I’m running the latest version (10.37S99), but it has been present earlier as well. This is on a plenty powerful machine - previously (Win7) it was running on a VSphere VM with unrestricted access to all cores on a Xeon E1230, now it’s running on an unRAID VM (KVM) with 4 dedicated cores on the same machine that has a total of 16GB Ram, with currently 2,5 GB dedicated to this windows.

Uhm - is this completely normal, or is it just my specific setup that is acting weird and nobody has seen similar behaviour since there is noone chiming in? :?

/Niels
(WD user for 15 years)