Not successful in setting up WD for Weatherflow

Hi Brian,

Yes, this was the issue. I think I checked these boxes while I was having issues with the pressure. Thank you for that :wink:!

However the pressure that is being picked iby crownweatherflow is still the wrong one. How could we solve that? The current pressure asl is 1011.7 and not 935.6.

Thanks!

You will need to a needed barometer offset to WD

Sounds good, I will do. Am I the only person using WF who is experiencing this?

FYI, I use no offsets in WD with my WF…

Thanks for the info NorCal Dan. That’s weird, then.
I don’t believe we have any options in the choice of the pressure in WF.

but Norcal Dan might not live at altitude
do you live at altitude MTBLANC?

I am also using WeatherFlow, do not have any offset set for the pressure in WD … but I am at a different latitude @ 48.7969

Have you contacted the people at WeatherFlow? They are quite helpful. You can ask the question in the WeatherFlow Community/forum or send an eMail message to ‘[email protected]’.

yes, my elevation is 660 meters

then that is the problem,the high altitude you live at
and so that is why you need to simply apply a barometer offset to WD :slight_smile:

Yes I contacted them. They directed me to WD :)!

Thanks Brian. I am dealing with the issue that way.
Just by curiosity. Why didn’t I have such issues with Davis VP2? Both WF and Davis have tags for sea level and station pressures.

The VP2 sends the sea level adjusted pressure to WD, based on the altitude you entered into the console.

Thank you Niko for clarifying.

Philippe

Elevation is entered into Smartweather also, but I am not sure if it used for barometer adjustments…

It is used by the WF app.

But maybe not the data that WD gets?

I read this long thread on the WF community site, and particularly this post by a WF staffer and I’m terminally confused :dontknow:

I am trying to connect WD with my new WeatherFlow. I am getting an error from cronweatherflow:

OK
Can’t open local file for writing.

I’ve tried running cronweatherflow as admin,
my web files directory is c:\wdisplay\webfiles,
WD updates that directory without trouble,
I’m running WD build 120.
cronweatherflow appears to connect to my WeatherFlow station on the web. I’m not using UDP.
my WeatherFlow data is public

Suggestions?
Thanks,
Doug

what is your weather flow station ID?
and I will test here
but also email me your settings back up file
databackup112020.zip
after going action, back up window registry settings, in WD

Hi
I have your settings
the problem is it looks like you have WD installed to and running from c:\Program files\weatherdisplay\

instead of the default and recommended c:\wdisplay
and so the problem is a file /folder permission problem for c:\Program files\weatherdisplay\webfiles\
folder
the solution is to install WD to the default location of c:\wdisplay
then copy the settings file wdisplay.ini from c:\Program files\weatherdisplay\ to c:\wdisplay
and run from there
and then set the webfiles location to c:\wdisplay\webfiles\ in control panel, webfiles/web page setup, then restart the cronweatherflow program

or make sure to set to run wd as administrator (which should then run cronweatherflow as administator
in the control panel, webfiles/web page setup

via email the solution was to reset the webfiles location (from c:\Program Files)