Not successful in setting up WD for Weatherflow

Apologies in advance if I am not clear, as I am French, and my English is not perfect!

Hello,

I have an old Davis VP2 that I am replacing with a new Weatherflow (WF). My VP2 is still working but instead I have decided to transmit the conditions of WF on my website.

Under WD/Control Panel/Settings, I entered all the required information. WD shows the actual conditions at the time of the setup, but that’s it. When I look at Cronweatherflow, I see that data is being regularly uploaded, but WD doesn’t update it. Am I missing a step in the config?

My station is configurated as public (#8381).

Thanks for your support!

Philippe

What shows across the top of the WD console window?

it shows Weather Display Ver 37S99 Registered Weatherflow and the temperature/wind at the time when WD opened.

Can you post a screen shot of cronweatherflow?

Philippe, if you do not mind going through the following steps to ensure that you have entered the proper information (I just entered you station number in my Weather Display and got the expected results):

1. Start Weather Display;
  2. click on the ‘Control Panel’ tab (top of the screen, main WD window)
  3. once the ‘Control Panel’ window has opened, click on the ‘Station Type & Settings’ icon;
  4. once the ‘Weather Station Type Selection’ window has opened, click on the ‘WeatherFlow’ tab;
  5. under the ‘WeatherFlow’ header, click on the ‘Enable’ button;
  6. under the ‘Station ID…’ line, enter your station numbers (ie: 8381)
  7. click on the ‘Get Sensor Names’ button;
  8. the name of your AIR sensor for outdoor temperature/humidity (ie: Air Meteowhitehorse) should appear in the first line under the ‘Sensor Settings’ header;
  9. the name of your SKY sensor for windspeed/rain (ie: Sky Meteowhitehorse) should appear in the fourth line under the ‘Sensor Settings’ header;
  10. the name of your SKY sensor for rain only (ie: Sky Meteowhitehorse) should also appear in the fifth line under the ‘Sensor Settings’ header;
  11. click on the ‘Close/Save’ button to close the ‘Weather Station Type Selection’ window (top of the screen, right side);
  12. click on the ‘OK’ button to close the ‘Control Panel’ window (middle of the screen, right side);
  13. finally, click on the ‘Exit’ tab (top of the screen, main WD window) and click on the ‘Save and Exit’ option.

When restarting Weather Display, it should indicates on the top line (of the WD window) that WeatherFlow is being used. Also, very importantly, in the taskbar, the ‘conweatherflow’ utility should be running (at all time) - this is the utility that get the data from WeatherFlow.

Thank you for the detailed response. It is exactly how I configured it. Cronweatherflow is also running and getting data from WF. I can post pictures of the config this evening after work.

it works OK here in testing with new WD setup and your WF ID (and not set to use local UDP data)
what do you have set as the barometer offset in WD?

Interesting. Do you have any idea why it would not work at my place? I offset my pressure as WD was taking the pressure at my station (933 hpa) and not at sea level (1015). This evening I will also remove the UDP setting again.

what do you actually have set as the barometer offset in WD

If I well remember 82. I will check this evening

Thank you everyone for responding :).
i have attached different pictures to show what’s going on here:

• the current config
  • what WD shows and what cronweatherflow does. For example the temp shows 10.5C on WD (not being updated since 7am) and the temperature at 6:38pm from WF (20C).

I have unchecked the UDP setting.

The barometer offset was 82 hpa. I set it back to 0.

WD-WF_3.jpg

email me your settings files and I will check/test here
there is a FAQ on how to do that

new settings works here with your station ID

Thank you, Brian. I emailed you with the two files.

As a test you could try hitting the “Get Sensor Names” and not edit them to add your site name (Meteowhitehorse).

I will try this evening after work. This means I would only name them Sky and Air?

I see you have set to use weather flow with other station type
under setup, advanced/misc

if you want WD to use all the data from your weather flow station, then you should not have that ticked
un tick that (and the setting to use for lightning counts) then restart WD

Hi Brian,

Yes, this was the issue. I think I checked these boxes while I was having issues with the pressure. Thank you for that :wink:!

However the pressure that is being picked iby crownweatherflow is still the wrong one. How could we solve that? The current pressure asl is 1011.7 and not 935.6.

Thanks!

You will need to a needed barometer offset to WD

Sounds good, I will do. Am I the only person using WF who is experiencing this?

FYI, I use no offsets in WD with my WF…