Need testers for new 64 bit version of WD Mac :)

:smiley: :smiley:

Hi Brian,

It did crash on Monday straight up at 12pm. I think I saw some other post about it crashing at 12pm or maybe it was midnight.

I will let you know if it does it again.

Sean

Hi
yes, there is a crash occuring with the fire weather index update at noon, with the 64 bit compiled code that was not occuring with the same 32 bit compiled code which I am trying to fix…its a tough one as it does not do it every time

I don’t know if this help, but at 9am it stop reporting to Weather Underground. It seems to be still up and running thou.

I have hopefully fixed the crash at noon now in the latest update

re wunderground, any errors under view, program event log?

All is see is resetting the warmest day value. But that is for today at 6am

re wunderground
try running the cronwu from a terminal window from where that program is (i.e in the Resources folder in the weatherdisplay.app bundle)

Brian – the noon crash is still there. We lasted two days, but it bombed at noon today. Running a WeatherFlow weather station. Running the 28 Aug version. Am downloading the 29 Aug version and will give it a run …

JP

it should be OK now in the latest update

Hi Brian,

Build 323 crashes after being open for a few seconds, so no change.

Aloha,

Mark

Is it on the minute change?
The more detailed info u can provide the better

Hi Brian I have had 10.37Mac64 Build 323 Downloaded on 29 August 2019 - 00:39:33
up and running for last 48hrs, without any problems on my
Mac Mini Server running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 http://southwestweather.com/wx/wxstatus.php

BTrip

that is good :slight_smile:

Is it on the minute change?

Sorry, I don’t understand the terminology.

as in when the clock changes minute

If you’re referring to the digital clock in the WD window, it’s reading to the second in local time, 10 hours behind UTC (Hawaiian Std Time). Data is being uploaded from the datalogger but they don’t appear in the graphs. The time scale shows 00 on the left and 22 on the right with nothing in between and there is a large spike above the 22 in all the graphs.

what I mean is does the crash happen when the clock on the WD screen changes from 59 seconds to 0 seconds
i,e the minute change

I never thought to look at that but yes, in three attempts at opening, it crashed just as you said, on the minute change each time.

so its something happening then
you might have to try and eliminate what/where the problem is

you could try:
back up the whole wdisplay folder
it could be a problem with the datafiles folder, ie a file there
so try renaming that folder (when WD is not running)…so that when you start WD it starts with no data…
to see if that is where the problem is

Changed the name of the datafilee folder and started WD. It stayed open but didn’t upload data. After awhile, the nag screen opened and when I tried to close it with the x in the tab, WD crashed. Opened it again and when the minute changed at :59, WD crashed.

After I changed the name of the datafiles folder and started WD, WD created a new datafiles folder.