Need testers for new 64 bit version of WD Mac :)

(not with a Davis IP data logger though at this stage)

I can help… Clean Mac install Davis VP2 Pro, Serial or WL IP or WLL.

good oh
I have discovered that 64 bit linking of the library files means they need to be in /usr/local/lib/ now
but I have created a script to copy them
so after dragging the app to the applications folder then double click on that copy library files script
and then WD should run OK
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaynewtest.dmg

soon only 64 bit apps will run properly on OSX (already people are reporting problems)
so I got this working just in time!

I’m downloading it and giving it a go. I am using a wmr200 it keeps crashing trying to download historical data

Im no help. WD crashes with data logger on. Turned it off WD starts. Decoder is working but not transferring to main screen. I’m using a wmr200 on high Sierra. I think I remember a solution to this issue but I’ve gone through the forum and can’t seem to find the solution. Can you point me in the right direction so I can fix it. I have previously used a WMR200 on WD for Mac so pretty sure it does work

so the separate running wmr200 program is getting the data OK?
that’s a start
I will see about getting you to send me data files so I can check/test, tomorrow

did you get the version were you double click to copy the library files?..did that work?

@mdheron
re the wmr200
you should have files like
/Documents/wdisplay/outhidusbdataD3.txt
(different end numbers too)
email me those please :slight_smile:

Ive reformatted my mac so as soon as I’ve got WD going again I’ll send you that file. Before I reset things your program to transfer library files worked.

I’m resetting the mac because the last time I had this issue resetting it fixed the issue

Update: Ive sent you an email

Did get it to load, but the problem I am having is finding the data source. I have the Weatherlink IP, Envoy USB (Not showing the .cu as the other version did) and of course the WWL live unit. So I am going to need to get that resolved.

I have it on the download page now
I was able to get it to work with my USB Davis data logger on OSX Mojave
after loading the latest silicon labs usd driver for OSX
https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

Does WD work with the data logger on the WMR200 or does it only work with live data. I’ve got it going ok with live data but every time I try to extract historical data WD crashes. I then have to delete the .ini file and set up WD again. I now have to keep the data logger off

Hi Brian,

Downloaded the 64 bit version and installed it but when I try to open after running copylibraryfiles which says No such file or directory, WD won’t open. Problem Report says weather display cannot be opened because of a problem. Shall I send the the two files to you privately or is it ok to post them here? I’m using the Davis USB WeatherLink Data Logger to feed WD directly. Thanks.

Aloha,

Mark

try running the copylibrayfiles batch file again
but you can copy the library file manually in a terminal
see how that is done by opening the above batch file in a writer program

@mdheron, I have yet to find time to fix the wmr200 history crash (although I dont think that I have ever got wmr200 history supported on the wmr200 in any version)
but dont have much spare time at the moment as my mum tripped and fell over and is in hospital with a broken arm and dislocated shoulder 8O

Thats what I thought. I’ll keep running WD on a windows PC for now

I had WD in a folder in Applications, so the path was wrong. Moved it out and the script works. Only trouble is, WD opens for a second or two than crashes. Doesn’t load data.

Forgot to say that the latest Silabs USB driver was also loaded.

The script looks for the program being in the applications folder
Re crash
Try deleting the the com port driver setting
In the settings file

I had a downturn of events. After I installed the library files correctly, I noticed that I couldn’t connect to my station anymore. In fact no longer were the drivers correct for the 32 bit connection to my station. My anti-virus - Norton kept giving me error messages and would no longer do anything. So I had to delete Norton and re install it, which was not hard to do but annoying. The WD for some reason didn’t care for my system and was causing issues, WeatherLink didn’t work , so I deleted WD for now. I tried to put back the older 32 bit version and finally gave up . Yes, I installed the correct drivers. So for now (I have mydata files intact and backed up) until two things occur, that is the MACOSX is updated then I will load in WD for mac.

why are you using Norton on OSX?

Contrary to belief, MAC’s also need protection from all the internet nasties.
https://www.computerworld.com/article/3395861/do-apple-devices-need-anti-virus-software.html[]()