MQTT message without {}

I am using some ESP8266 running EasyESP.
I want to use some messages posted by WD in these machines.
But the can only read messages without { }
I have edited my MQTTin.txt and got it nice in MQTTout.txt but its not been sent to my Mosquitto server.
Is there any “rules” in WD that said that the message must be in between { } ?

Just asking the same question - i have mqtt coming in from another bit of software (weewx) and it comes in simply as the numbers. I am trying to move back to WD as been using it for years and a loyal user but needed MQTT - now WD has MQTT i should be good to go but all my data comes in surrounded by {} - i just need the number so save me writing additional code to each script to clean it up.

Is that possible? Attached shows my mqtt feed, clearly with the WD data surrounded by {} compared to the other data.

Andy

I don’t have any code to add in { and }
it might be added by the component

I assumed it was picking it up from the text file? ie my wd/winddir:{%avdir10minute%} results in (for example) {198} and i really need 198 without the brackets…

Andy

I got this working now.
using Node-Red and a flow that removes {} so if you rund Node-Red I can help you

I could clean it in node-red or directly in the code but it would be great if WD was able to send out MQTT data via the custom text file without the {}…

Brian - would that be possible to take a look at (hope its ok to ask…).

Andy