Temperature Stuck, software gone crazy too

first off I am running the latest version of the software
second, I have a WS-2090A (New as of Feb 2019)
0 (Zero) internet problems, Main WS screen without problems.
Just seems the software is the problem

3 nights ago, I had a friend who called me in the night, stating that the temperature was stuck at 80 degrees, at 4 AM (it was Not) so I went to the computer, exited the program and restarted it at least 20 times (at 5 minutes intervals) then being half asleep, I did something, or just just finally fixed itself.

about 3 hours ago, it decided to get stuck again, this time at 78 degrees, been that way since then. (and it is NOT 78, it is actually WARMER)

Top it all off, Now Twitter stopped, and not posting to twitter, ARPS, dead,

Is there a RESET button I can use in that software?? or should I just chuck it all in, delete the whole thing, loose my license in the process, and start fresh?? I am ever so ticked now, after spending months getting all the data to the program, 1 date at a time, going back 12 years. (because it will not import)

Frustrated, Ray

How are you connecting the station to WD, direct IP, WiFi IP server, Ambient Weather API or …?

When the temp sticks, do other variables, such as wind, humidity, rain, dew point etc, still change or do they all flat-line on the graph? If they all flat-line that would indicate that WD has lost connection with the data feed.

There’s no RESET button as such, but there is the ability to reboot either the PC/laptop or just reboot WD at a set time on set days. This can be found in the Control Panel > FTP & Connections > Reboot/Restart/Exit.

What operating system?

Win 7 (for the main system)

Assuming Yes, in the Software only means all the data flat-lines in WD only, then WD seems to be loosing connection with the API key and is unable to reconnect.
Have you tried changing to a different type of data feed to see if that hold connection better?

I’m afraid I’ve not used a WiFi connected station with WD so I don’t know what else to suggest.

Hi, Sadly don’t know what other data source I would be able to connect to, to get the data. the ambient console does not have any ports. Sadly the only other way to do this is to do a complete wipe, un install it again, and go from scratch. hate doing that, lot’s of data to loose, but that is ok. winter is a long time in Ohio lol

In the station setup (Control Panel > Station Type & Settings) it gives the options of using the following:

• AmbientWeather.net API Key
  • WiFi server>client on port 80 using the station’s IP address
  • Wunderground API Data
  • Direct IP - use via WiFi direct (easiest) - this will be getting the data from your router, rather than the station sending it to Ambient and WD getting from their servers.

I would investigate some of these before starting from scratch, and if you do then there’s no need to loose the data as you can save the log files and just add them back in to WD if you do decide to start again.
If it is a connection issue from the API server then re-installing WD may not fix the issue anyway.

Brian, the Weather Display developer, is on holiday this week and I would strongly suggest waiting until he’s back as he will have tested the station on the software so will be able to assist better than I can.

I think I just figured it out. and it was No Ones problem, Except for Ambient.

Apparently, I needed to add a new key, because the old one was invalid, and something about violating someones API. Guess I will have to keep a watchfull eye on that little tidbit. Dang Ambient and their (thanks for the warning, send me into panic mode)

Thanks for the help.

Glad to hear you have solved the problem :smiley:

(I unlocked the thread because this looks like something that could affect others in future.)