HWS Template (WD34) Wish List - October version

But I am sure that you will find more and even urgent needed improvements within a few weeks or so. :thumbright:

Your last remark from the previous topic: Can we have “wind run” back? (Not in July release.)
And was it you who mentioned that there should be an option for decimal point => comma ?
I will check the previous topic and try to find all un-finished requests as I have ample time for that being on vacation for two weeks starting Monday.

Wim

That’s not exactly the vacation activity I would wish for you :lol:

That’s OK, I added it myself to /pwsnew/.

And was it you who mentioned that there should be an option for decimal point => comma ?

Not guilty.

Hi!
Remember you mentioned to add soil temp and moisture. Leaf wettnes sensor I would like to have included, it is a nice indicator if there is a little drizzel in air that is not detected by rain bucket.

Torjan

Hi

I have boltek lightning cards but my files are called NSDRealtime and the content is somewhat different a NSRealtime file.
Is there a possibility that it can be used?

Torjan

NSDRealtime.txt (106 Bytes)

Yes, if there is a manual or readme explaining what the layout / fields contain.
As I do not have that product, I have no manuals or reame also,

Wim

Hi!
this is what i found

NSDRealtime.txt

#####################################################################

0 unixtimestamp
1 current rate/min
2 current close rate/min (< 50km)
3 last strike unixtimestamp
4 last strike direction (degrees, rotated with tracker alignment)
5 last strike distance (km)
6 last strike type (cc+,cc-,cg+,cg-)
7 strikes last hour
8 strikes today
9 strikes this month
10 strikes this year
11 max rate/min
12 max ratetime (hh:mm)
13 max burst/s
14 max bursttime (hh:mm)
15 CG+ strikes today
16 CG- strikes today
17 CC+ strikes today
18 CC- strikes today
19 NSBackend uptime (x days y hours z min)
20 Measure (set in config.ini)
21 Persistence in minutes

NSBackend.txt (3.06 KB)

Thanks, that is exactly what I need. I see no reason to wait until October.
After my vacation I will add this to the current script and or make a separate one.
Probably first week of August.

QUESTIONS:

1. Do you have a link to that description somewhere? Just to understand the meaning of CG+ CG- CC+ CC-
  2. Do you know why there are two very different XXXrealtime.txt files for this? Different programs?

Wim

It is from this page https://www.nordicweather.net/phpscripts.php?en and is called NSD 2013. And i am use the Backend part.

Torjan

CC- CG- or + are types of lightning cloud to cloud or cloud to ground.
I got http://regnskvett.com/nexstorm/NSDStrikes.txt last 60 minutes strike
and http://regnskvett.com/nexstorm/NSDRealtime.txt
and http://regnskvett.com/NSDStrikes20sec.txt the last 20 seconds. Are usually empty if no storm

a couple more files are created but it is for storm, older storms and graphics.

Torjan

Hi Wim,

May be I can explain why there are 2 different files NSRealtime and NSDRealtime.

The NSRealtime files are created by the NSlog program, made by Jim McMurry. You have received information about this from me a while ago.
The NSDRealtime files are created by an NSBackend program made by Henkka. This program is derived from NSlog. These files are needed for a script that he made. Unfortunately, this program did not always work as well and sometimes caused malfunctions in my case.
Both programs need the Nexstorm software to work.

Brgds,
Oebel

Hi all WD34 users,

I am quite new to this template, I used Brians (old) version al long as my old WU Api key was supported.
But now I switched and I like some things more, but what I really miss, is the graph for solar radiation, it should easily possible because I was able to add it with a link and another line in the graph script.
So on my wish list is

• UV graph today
  • change of graph type from spline to line, in my opinion it doesn

As I said in the following topic, the template is beautiful and complete. We could only add some data for those who have the UV and solar radiation sensor available. I don’t think we need UV and solar radiation graphs, but it would be interesting to have a graph related to Evapotranspiration. On WeatherLink the graph is there while on WeatherUnderground no, so maybe it could be difficult to get it.

I’m not sure if this has been brought up before. Is there a way on the earthquake box to limit the coverage area to a 400 mile radius ( or any radius)?
I live in California and would like more local data

If we must have an X in the corner of every pop-up, can we have it the same height as the rest of the title bar?

I’d be happy to change it myself - as I have done by deleting the redundant word “Close” - but I can’t work out how :frowning:

popup.png

It is the same height, it is all in 24px, only the forecast top-line is sometimes smaller, default for metar

<div class="w34_module_title" style="width: 100%; height: 24px; font-size: 20px;">
    <span style="float: left;">&nbsp;X&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="small">Close</span></span>Metar Aviation Weather Data&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;EBBR Brussels
    </div>

and for your site it is the same,

Wim

This script uses a file with only 30 most recent earthquakes https://earthquake-report.com/feeds/recent-eq?json
The small-block-script tries to display most local data
The large-block-script displays most recent data
The pop-ups can sort by distance / magnitude / time

As you block my / all IP’s from Belgium I can not check your site what data you are displaying, see attached screenshot

Wim

forbidden.jpg

Sorry, Wim, I mean the little light grey box is not the same height. I can change the size of the X, or remove it altogether, but the little light grey box stays the same size in the corner of each popup. I can’t work out how to change that.

The light grey background is css
Update the w34_index2.php line about 125
from

.featherlight-close-icon { top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 60px; height: 20px; background: transparent;}

to

.featherlight-content .featherlight-close-icon { top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 60px; height: 20px; background: transparent;}

Wim

Thanks, Wim :smiley:

P.S. Hope you had a good holiday :wink: