WD Data Stuck and erroneous in morning after PC power turnoff overnight(RESOLVED

Hi. I am running Weather Display Version 10.37 S98 along with the latest Windows 10 version with a Davis Vantage Pro 2 weather station and Davis datalogger. I have had a recurring problem the past week. I turn my PC off overnight and usually start it in the morning. I have done this for years and have not had my current problem. The problem is in the morning when I start the WD it seems to download the overnight data but when it is done doing that the data that is displayed is erroneous and doesn’t update. The temperature and solar and UV and wind readings don’t update. I have attached a screen capture of the WD main screen. Periodically I copy all my WD data from my PC onto an external hard drive. If I reload these saved data back into the WD folder on my PC and then start the WD program it takes several minutes for the datalogger to update but then I get correct current readings. The problem happens again the next morning. I really am stumped on this and hope someone can help me. Thanks.

there should be some clues under view, debug info, on what is happening

Hi. I just checked my WD readout from the Davis Vantage Pro 2 and I have a sneaking suspicion the problem is a bad transmitter board on the station that is not charging up the battery and only seems to work properly when the sun is shining on it during the daylight hours. I last changed my Cr123 battery last fall. It is before midnight and the readings are not accurate and stuck. My station is about 13 years old and I have never replaced the transmitter board. I guess that’s pretty good service! The Cr123 batteries used to last 2-3 years but the last couple years I have been changing them once a year since I had a battery quit on me one winter a couple years ago and because of a snowy slick roof I couldn’t change it until the spring thaw. Anybody had to change the transmitter board on a Davis Vantage Pro2 wireless station? Any experienced input is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you buy the board with the back part of the housing https://www.scaledinstruments.com/shop/davis-instruments/parts/vantage-pro2-parts/transmitter-parts/davis-7345-976-pcba-for-pro2-wireless-iss-or-iss-plus-us/ It’s not much more expensive than just the board and in my experience the way the antenna is mounted makes extracting and re-installing the board without damage very tricky.

do you mean that the console was not getting any updates?

Hi Brian. I don’t have a console. I just have the datalogger connected to my PC. I have determined I have bad capacitors in my transmitter board that are not storing enough energy during the daylight hours to send a signal to my datalogger at night. I’ve had my Vantage Pro2 Wireless for about 13 years so I feel fortunate to have had it work this long without any real problems. The best to you and yours.

when you say data logger, how do you mean exactly?

Hi. My Davis USB datalogger is connected to a USB hub on my computer via a usb cable.

What is the datalogger connected to if you have no console, an envoy?

Hi. I’m sorry for the confusion. The datalogger is installed in a Davis Weather Envoy. Thanks for the follow up questions. and help.

That’s a little weird isn’t it?
I was home Weather Envoy 8X but he couldn’t communicate with weather display.
Any change?

its a normal data logger in a older style envoy though