wmr200 not decoding data

My wmr200 seems to have stopped decoding data after downloading from the datalogger. I see it downloading and it appears in the wmr200history file but doesn’t get decoded. Tried resetting unit. Also why does the wmr200history program run twice when I start WD?
R

wmr200history.txt (325 Bytes)

there is a way to completely reset/erase the history data on the wmr200 console via a sequence of key combinations
its in the manual…

I don’t think that’s the answer, Brian, the history data is erased when downloaded to wmr200history.txt. I’ve been reporting exactly the same problem as Sticky for some time now. . . I don’t mind losing a few minutes for minor W10 restarts, but not hours at a time. I’m keeping the longer wmr200history.txt files in case I ever find out how to decode them, but it would be much nicer if you could help us get the history routine running properly again.

you can import that file into WD, I have that function
the WMR200 is a very quircky station when it comes to the history data. there is also of strange things that go on…ghost data etc. I have given up on it sorry.

Where do we find it? And why couldn’t you tell me that months ago?

the WMR200 is a very quircky station when it comes to the history data. there is also of strange things that go on..ghost data etc.

Also what? Talk of strange things. . .?

I have given up on it sorry.

Thanks a lot. WMR200 suits me because I can site sensors where they give sensible readings, and I’m steadily buying up spare modules so I can keep it going. . . Davis kit would be useless in a small suburban garden.

Meerkat was obviously right, all those years ago: don’t use WD if you’re interested in WMR200 history data.

some guidance on importing wmr200history file would be good. Can’t see anything obvious so far.
R

+1

Found these instructions but not entirely sure how to implement?
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/461357

R

Brian, even if you have given up on the WMR200 I should be grateful if you could share what you offered above. It certainly is not under “action, import logfiles files, import wmr200history” any more.