HWS-template (WD34) July version available

[s]Did you fill in the link in easyweathersetup?
It still seems to be the default one, including the typo
As the img is only used as a background img the whole pop-up is white, I think.

If there is a valid image I can test further.[/s]
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Use the attached one, with testing just before the self-imposed deadline I commented both possibilities (img or video) in the script.
Wim

webcam_popup.php.zip (1.84 KB)

On my system the only way I can find to return to the main display (without using the browser back button) is by hitting either the home button in the header or from the drop down menu. Clicking outside the pop-up does nothing. Why is there no “X” on the pop-up box?

For those items under Menu Extras that’s exactly right (see reply #18 above). There is an X on all the pop-ups generated on the main page, but you only have to click outside the box for them.

Popups are the graphs, tables a.so. They have no headers and meno of their own, they are “superimposed” on-top of the normal page with the blocks. They always have a X on the left corner as I tested at https://www.shermanctweather.org/pwsWD/index.php
You have to click on the X (or outside the box) to get back to the normal page or to the menu.
Test it, pop-up a graph,
click on menu => pop-up disappears but no menu yet
click again on the menu => menu opens

Extra pages as the menu entries they fill the whole browser window, can therefor have no X, have their own bar with the clock, footer and the small blocks top-row.
You can go to any other page (including the home page) by opening the menu directly.

You can see this behavior better by switching to the dark theme.

Wim

That’s done it, thanks Wim :slight_smile: (I’ve even managed to centre my 4:3 image!)

I set NOT to use Twitter in contact info, but bio_popup still showed the Twitter area.

(I’ve deleted it altogether in my page.)

:oops: Again left in test-code “if (1 == 1)” and that is true

updated script attached

Wim

bio_popup.php.zip (3.58 KB)

Thanks, Wim :slight_smile:

No UVI in “This hour:” forecast in DS Current Conditions block?

No way to use extra_tmp_c_small.php?

Uploaded the July Version and cannot see where to add my webcam address in “webcam_c_block.php”. I see where it says it goes, but not sure where to put it. It says as set with “easywaether”. There was no place in “easyweather” to set the location. Thanks for any assistance. www.scannorthcounty.net/pwsWD/

John

Webcam location is set in easyweathersetup.php.
About midway down.
Tom

Can you test this update?

No way to use extra_tmp_c_small.php?
Not for all as I have to find a simple solution for the extra upload data, that is why I did not include it in this version. Only WD-api (3 TH but no soil) and WL.com (all) have the extra sensors

But one can add a block to w34_blocks.php and manually change the settings1.
When the next beta is available (August) a standard solution will become available also as an update for the normal releases.
It should include correct versions of extra_tmp_c_small.php and soil_c_block plus a soil pop-up. Also all “extra”-scripts should be in easyweather.

Wim

w34_util_ccn.php.zip (3.03 KB)

Looks OK, but colours are not working?. . . Try putting “This hour: Temperature. . .” on the same line if you want to save a line and show Rain and UVI on separate lines. (URL as left but /pwsnew/: I’ve modified my original w34_util_ccn.php to get UV and colours.)

Not for all as I have to find a simple solution for the extra upload data, that is why I did not include it in this version. Only WD-api (3 TH but no soil) and WL.com (all) have the extra sensors

WD-clientraw has 8 extratemp/hum fields. . . I’m also using a WD customtextout.txt file to get extra upload data.

But one can add a block to w34_blocks.php and manually change the settings1.

I know. . . :slight_smile:

When the next beta is available (August) a standard solution will become available also as an update for the normal releases. It should include correct versions of extra_tmp_c_small.php and soil_c_block plus a soil pop-up. Also all "extra"-scripts should be in easyweather.

OK.

Meteoalarm.eu alerts display correctly but if there is no alert, the forecast for tomorrow now appears in the alerts box instead. Is this intentional? http://www.collapit.org.uk/pwsWD/

Yes it is.
Explanation: When there is no outside “official” alert and no internally calculated warning, what should we display there?

Earlier versions used a “no alerts” message. But users thought that was a waste of space.
So if there is some meaningful information, like a forecast, that is displayed.

Some users changed the translation from “Weather alert” to “Weather message”, but that is nitpicking.
Wim

Thanks for the explanation. I’d suggest prefacing the forecast in the alert box with,“Forecast for tomorrow:”. It was only clear to me that it was tomorrow’s forecast when I looked at the forecasts in the "forecast ahead"pop up but perhaps I’m nitpicking too!!

Is there a way to change the text color on Weather Alerts? Mine looks like silver text on an orange background and is hard to read:

https://www.m82a1.us/pwsWD/index.php

Not in a setting, but I set the font color to black in the curly warnings script
Can you please test this version. Thanks,
Wim

wrnWarningCURLY.php.zip (1.85 KB)

That looks fine, Wim. Thanks.

The weather alerts/warnings are not displaying the text when I click on them in the iframe.

https://www.m82a1.us/pwsWD/index.php