Can WXSIM get data from WDconsole on a rpi3?

Just a question, would this be possible with an IP-adress or something of the likes? I have WDConsole running on an RPI3 for almost a year now without a glitch. I don(t want to run a PC 24/7 (that’s the reason why i switched to a RPI3 for the first reason) But my WXSIM is unused and that’s a bit of a shame

great that consolewd is running good like that
(is that with a davis VP?)
the logfiles it updates are compatible with wxsim
but you would need to get access to those, e.g a shared directory?

Hi,

Yes, that’s with a Davis VP, and indeed that is the question, could it be reachable by IP-adress or perhaps a VPN?

I has been running for 7 months non-stop without one restart, but i had to do a apt-get update and an apt-get upgrade, but since then i has been running for 4 months non-stop again. So that is really reliable!!
But i suppose there must be a way to connect one or the other way…WXSIM could be running on my laptop and i use that very other hour or so, so that should be enough to run it…

Staccermaccer,

Try this https://garywoodfine.com/shared-folder-raspberry-pi-windows-8/ it should allow you to access the log file on the pi from wxsim on the laptop

Hi,

Thanks for the link, i’m going to give it a try tommorrow!

Staccermaccer,

Found this link useful also https://www.maketecheasier.com/turn-raspberry-pi-into-file-server/

Hi,

Well, i tried both versions, i can install Samba, correct the parameters in the config-file, but when i trie too connect with my win10-machine, it keeps asking for a password that i did’nt have to change or so.
Still trying to figure out what is wrong, problem is i can’t remove Samba completely because the config-file of the old install keeps coming back…Found on stackoverflow how to completely remove it but==>
I am getting another configuration file which is not the same as described in the two links, i wrote the commands that were’nt there myself, it accepted the rules, did “testparm”, checked ok but still no go!

Will search some more…
Thanks for the links!!

Staccermaccer,

Did you run sudo smbpasswd